Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Since they are not being specific I guess they will not overun until they have not completed by end of November. I guess December should qualify as winter. JAL generally annouce it this way, with no specific end date.

It is not like there are no lounges in the given periods. Just different options than normal. As long as you are flying JAL, you do have access to an F lounge.
I've been to Japan every couple of years and probably won't be going back again for at least a few years, so I wanted to check out the new lounge.

As you say, no big deal but just a wish
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I've been to Japan every couple of years and probably won't be going back again for at least a few years, so I wanted to check out the new lounge.

As you say, no big deal but just a wish
My intepretation of the schedule is that the 4th floor is being renovated, and will reopen as a new lounge in spring 2019, then the 3rd floor will go for renovation. So there should be a new lounge to visit. Time will tell if that is an F or a J lounge, but the guesses seems to f 4th floor will be a big F lounge. Time will tell
Old Jan 31, 2019, 1:51 am

My intepretation of the schedule is that the 4th floor is being renovated, and will reopen as a new lounge in spring 2019, then the 3rd floor will go for renovation. So there should be a new lounge to visit. Time will tell if that is an F or a J lounge, but the guesses seems to f 4th floor will be a big F lounge. Time will tell
Thanks for the thoughts ... either way, I am excited for it!!!!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
Thanks for the thoughts ... either way, I am excited for it!!!!
Ditto CPH-flyer. I would say it is very likely they are turning 4th floor a big F and renovate 2nd and 3rd floor later for a big J lounge. As you are flying in October the 4th floor F will be completely open so congrats for a new lounge to visit
SQTraveller likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:23 pm

Crossing my fingers that 4th floor renovations will be done by early March so I can check out the new lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by flumoxed
Crossing my fingers that 4th floor renovations will be done by early March so I can check out the new lounge.
Well, spring in Japan traditionally begins with setsubun (3rd of Feb this year). Though I really doubt this was what JAL had in mind when they wrote spring 2019. My guess is that the aim would be to have the 4th floor open for Golden Week rush, and the start second phase after Golden Week. But if that is a good guess, and then if they are on time are two big question marks.

Early March would be a bit of a rainbow coloured unicorn in my view But let's see.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:19 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Well, spring in Japan traditionally begins with setsubun (3rd of Feb this year). Though I really doubt this was what JAL had in mind when they wrote spring 2019. My guess is that the aim would be to have the 4th floor open for Golden Week rush, and the start second phase after Golden Week. But if that is a good guess, and then if they are on time are two big question marks.

Early March would be a bit of a rainbow coloured unicorn in my view But let's see.
it’s possble, just look at OKA lounge which was scheduled to open in spring and JAL re-opened the lounge on Feb 28.

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 31, 2019 at 5:50 pm
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
Ditto CPH-flyer. I would say it is very likely they are turning 4th floor a big F and renovate 2nd and 3rd floor later for a big J lounge. As you are flying in October the 4th floor F will be completely open so congrats for a new lounge to visit
Thanks! I will live in hope!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak

it’s possble, just look at OKA lounge which was scheduled to open in spring and JAL re-opened the lounge on Feb 28.
Nil ardui est

Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
So reading this thread it seems the sentiment is largely geared toward non-JL ticketed pax being denied F lounge entry during the renovations (but there are some limited successes reported).

If it's related to 'busy-ness'; are there typical times when it's quieter?

My partner and I will be flying CX J on the 14:20 flight in a couple of Saturdays' time; what do you reckon the chances are of being allowed access (to either Satellite or the Main?) F Lounge? There was no F on our flight, I'm a QF Plat (Oneworld Emerald).

Not the end of the world, but would be nice as I loved the food and runway views.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Saturdays are usually fairly quiet and you'll leave before the afternoon departure bank really kicks in.

Please not that the sushi bar closes at 12:30, so you need to be there rather early for your flight to enjoy the sushi Should be let in ..
pythonisman likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Saturdays are usually fairly quiet and you'll leave before the afternoon departure bank really kicks in.

Please not that the sushi bar closes at 12:30, so you need to be there rather early for your flight to enjoy the sushi Should be let in ..
Cheers,

The sushi bar is definitely something I love but not a dealbreaker. Hopefully it's a nice quiet period and the lounge staff are friendly - will try it on and worst case end up in one of the other lounges - I've been in the CX one before which was a bit disappointing, would you say there's much between the AA and QF lounges? I've been to the QF one before and while it was nothing to write home about, it was also fine (and a bit of a touch of home)
Apologies if slightly O/T!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by pythonisman
Cheers,

The sushi bar is definitely something I love but not a dealbreaker. Hopefully it's a nice quiet period and the lounge staff are friendly - will try it on and worst case end up in one of the other lounges - I've been in the CX one before which was a bit disappointing, would you say there's much between the AA and QF lounges? I've been to the QF one before and while it was nothing to write home about, it was also fine (and a bit of a touch of home)
Apologies if slightly O/T!
Hi,

In the late morning the QF lounge should be quiet. I have been to both the AA lounge and QF lounge and whilst the QF lounge was empty , the AA lounge had a reasonable selection of food and drink and was quiet too. I would try them both.

I agree with the CX being a bit dissapointing ( the CX lounge at HND is better)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I agree with the CX being a bit dissapointing ( the CX lounge at HND is better)

Regards

TBS
A bit disappointing? That deserves a nomination for understatement of the year... Not just in comparison to the Haneda CX Lounge, but also on an absolute scale this lounge is terrible.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum
Take it with a grain of shio but when I asked one of the staff at the NRT F lounge she mentioned it'll re-open in April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.