Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Please report back.
Right now sitting at First Class Lounge at NRT. Was allowed in as OneWorld Emerald flying JL metal on AA code share, flight purchased as AA flight number. Greeted at the entrance 「いつもご利用ありがとうございます。」
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by NZJuniorDoc
I second this. I'm sitting in the first lounge in the main terminal now. came in with a guest both on a CX flight in Y. front desk mentioned that we could use the first lounge as it was quiet.....and boy is it quiet there are 8 people total in here right now
Echo that. It seems they let OWE and JAL JGCs (and above) entry into the satellite F lounge as a courtesy when the satellite sakura lounge is slightly jammed.
I too enjoyed a rather comparativley empty lounge last Friday evening as a JGC Saphire.
On another note, the Champagne wasn't too shabby. Just a little disappointed I couldn't align my flights to take advantage of the Salon offered this Christmas day.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Echo that. It seems they let OWE and JAL JGCs (and above) entry into the satellite F lounge as a courtesy when the satellite sakura lounge is slightly jammed.
I too enjoyed a rather comparativley empty lounge last Friday evening as a JGC Saphire.
On another note, the Champagne wasn't too shabby. Just a little disappointed I couldn't align my flights to take advantage of the Salon offered this Christmas day.
I thought it was LPGS they did for Xmas? Or I might have gone out of my way....
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:24 pm

I thought it was LPGS they did for Xmas? Or I might have gone out of my way....
Yes, this is what they publicized.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:20 am

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but flying F to Narita from ORD in June and have a transfer to Vietnam in Business as there is no first class, will I be able to access the first class lounge? (want the sushi!!)

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by totoropanda
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but flying F to Narita from ORD in June and have a transfer to Vietnam in Business as there is no first class, will I be able to access the first class lounge? (want the sushi!!)

Thanks in advance!
Not quite the thread, but it works for the purposes...

Based on oneworld rules no, as the Tokyo to Vietnam flight is more than 5 hours. But if both flights are on JAL their rules does allow for it, just bring your arriving boarding pass.
totoropanda likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:14 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Not quite the thread, but it works for the purposes...

Based on oneworld rules no, as the Tokyo to Vietnam flight is more than 5 hours. But if both flights are on JAL their rules does allow for it, just bring your arriving boarding pass.
As long as the flights arrive and depart on the same day
totoropanda likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
That too as requirement....

Does JAL also ask for same airport, or is a change from NRT to HND OK?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:33 am

Thanks guys. It is same day and both JAL flights! Appreciate it!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I also apologize if this is not the right forum for this question but flying JAL in PE is there a best lounge to choose? No other status to speak of.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The options are the Sakura lounges or the JAL/AA lounge. The main building and satellite building Sakura lounge only really differs in the gates that they are close to.
The JAL/AA lounge (also the Admirals Club) has a slightly different selection, but about same level as the Sakura lounge.

All in all I would pick the one most convenient for the gate.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:01 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
The options are the Sakura lounges or the JAL/AA lounge. The main building and satellite building Sakura lounge only really differs in the gates that they are close to.
The JAL/AA lounge (also the Admirals Club) has a slightly different selection, but about same level as the Sakura lounge.

All in all I would pick the one most convenient for the gate.
are you sure lol
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

are you sure lol
Sure about which part?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Would anybody know (or at least able to offer a good estimate) whether I'd get to JAL F lounge(s) on AY marketed and operated flight on JL (131) ticket? The flight departs short before Monday noon if that helps in terms of business estimation. Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by on22cz
Would anybody know (or at least able to offer a good estimate) whether I'd get to JAL F lounge(s) on AY marketed and operated flight on JL (131) ticket? The flight departs short before Monday noon if that helps in terms of business estimation. Thanks.
Over Xmas there was some reports that people OK non JL flights were allowed in to the JAL lounges. The lounges where very quiet in this period.

However, during the renovation work the general rule is the JL lounges are only for passengers on JL operated flights. Departure just before noon, is peak hour for lounge crowding, so I'd say very low to zero likelihood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.