Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:49 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I don't agree that the sushi has fallen apart. Though the futomaki is pretty uninspired, the other fish varieties that cycles through the options are (usually) very nice. But when it is futomaki week, I usually replace that with one of the other options.
But no matter what they serve, I am not going to base my flight decision based on the lounge menu LOL

by the way, the Sakura Lounge smoking room has been closed for a while for those who complained about JL restricting access while there’s “no renovation” done at the Sakura Lounge.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak

But no matter what they serve, I am not going to base my flight decision based on the lounge menu LOL

by the way, the Sakura Lounge smoking room has been closed for a while for those who complained about JL restricting access while there’s “no renovation” done at the Sakura Lounge.
Neither past nor present iterations of the sushi selections would have weighed that heavy on my airport choices. But everyone has their own reasons that are valid to them, I am sure some would disagree with my reasoning for airport or route choices from time to time.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:37 am

Neither past nor present iterations of the sushi selections would have weighed that heavy on my airport choices. But everyone has their own reasons that are valid to them, I am sure some would disagree with my reasoning for airport or route choices from time to time.
Count me in every time you pick to route your flights via HKG
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Count me in every time you pick to route your flights via HKG
They removed my Copenhagen via HKG
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:06 am

They removed my Copenhagen via HKG
good, route via LHR and get me some tea time

By the way, the satellite F Lounge was so empty when I was there for JL735 2 weeks ago. The entire dining area was empty and I was able to take any photos I wanted. Not sure why JL doesn’t just limit partner access during peak periods only (like they did with the JAL Lounge with AA in the past). This way they can still make some $$ from the entry fees.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good, route via LHR and get me some tea time

By the way, the satellite F Lounge was so empty when I was there for JL735 2 weeks ago. The entire dining area was empty and I was able to take any photos I wanted. Not sure why JL doesn’t just limit partner access during peak periods only (like they did with the JAL Lounge with AA in the past). This way they can still make some $$ from the entry fees.
I don't like LHR. Only go via LHR if I have business reasons to be in London
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:15 am

They should always have tuna. This should be Japan's omotenashi. This is no place for cost cut.

Satellite lounge is usually empty.
Always aim for the satellite after you have had your share of sushi.
​​​​​
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:24 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I don't agree that the sushi has fallen apart. Though the futomaki is pretty uninspired, the other fish varieties that cycles through the options are (usually) very nice. But when it is futomaki week, I usually replace that with one of the other options.
The maguro that they had just recently was wildly uninspiring, the ever-present ika is bland, and the egg is just a nuissance - when they used to have toro, I would just load up on that and call it a day.

I've been working on my ANA status, though, so haven't had a chance to stop by in recent weeks. I should give it a go again.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
The maguro that they had just recently was wildly uninspiring, the ever-present ika is bland, and the egg is just a nuissance - when they used to have toro, I would just load up on that and call it a day.

I've been working on my ANA status, though, so haven't had a chance to stop by in recent weeks. I should give it a go again.
Compared to my local sushi place it has always been pretty meh, but as lounge food goes it is pretty decent. I have had some really nice ika in Narita, I think it is an undervalued option..
​​​​
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
November flying out of NRT as OW Emerald flying on AA, denied entry to JL First Class lounge. There was a sign on AA check-in counter indicating AA passengers not have access to JL lounge during the renovation. I will be flying out of NRT on JL flight but ticket purchased as AA code share of AA flight number. Wonder if I wlll have access to First Class lounge as OW Emerald from AA. Boarding pass will say "Sold as AA****"
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My guess is that you will have access to the JL lounges. But it is just a guess, but based on the fact that you do get a standard JAL boarding pass with logo and all.

Please report back.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:08 am

My guess is that you will have access to the JL lounges. But it is just a guess, but based on the fact that you do get a standard JAL boarding pass with logo and all.

Please report back.
Techbically that’s an AA flight he’s boarding. Just like PY ticket with AA code won’t have lounge access
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Techbically that’s an AA flight he’s boarding. Just like PY ticket with AA code won’t have lounge access
You may be right. Waiting to hear the outcome
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
dream comes true
I'm regret to inform you that your dream is over.
NRT Sakura lounge accept me with CX Y ticket.

I've never seen the whole lounge is almost empty!!

Last edited by LandMiler; Dec 23, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Old Dec 26, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE)/NZ Gold (*G)
Originally Posted by LandMiler
I'm regret to inform you that your dream is over.
NRT Sakura lounge accept me with CX Y ticket.

I've never seen the whole lounge is almost empty!!
I second this. I'm sitting in the first lounge in the main terminal now. came in with a guest both on a CX flight in Y. front desk mentioned that we could use the first lounge as it was quiet.....and boy is it quiet there are 8 people total in here right now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.