Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak

or they just recognize you
As a side note, returning from Kaoshiung I got a hand written note on my boarding pass that I should go to the EVA lounge instead of the China Airlines lounge. Not sure what that was about. I did not recognise any other EVA lounge guests on flight afterwards.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:03 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
As a side note, returning from Kaoshiung I got a hand written note on my boarding pass that I should go to the EVA lounge instead of the China Airlines lounge. Not sure what that was about. I did not recognise any other EVA lounge guests on flight afterwards.
Booooo you flew to KHH on JL codeshare? CI suppose to provide you lounge access. No idea why they sent u over to BR...I am sticking to your "face" theory LOL "here we go it's that guy again...let's mess with him this time"
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Booooo you flew to KHH on JL codeshare? CI suppose to provide you lounge access. No idea why they sent u over to BR...I am sticking to your "face" theory LOL "here we go it's that guy again...let's mess with him this time"
Flying back was JAL operated
​​​​​​
The JAL flight to KHH arrives so late. Preferred to make dinner.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I hope this would be a good place to ask.

Departing NRT in JL J to DEL, OWE, arriving previous day [under 24h if it matters] in JL F - what would be the best lounge to use?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jms_uk
I hope this would be a good place to ask.

Departing NRT in JL J to DEL, OWE, arriving previous day [under 24h if it matters] in JL F - what would be the best lounge to use?
The rules are a same day connection, which is defined as until next day 6am, to be allowed to use the F lounge. So you will need to use one of the J lounges. I would go for the one most convenient for your gate. Just NOT the Cathay lounge.

As Narita airport closes at night, you will have leave the airside of the airport for the night If you need a visa to Japan, you will need it for this connection.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 4:25 pm

The rules are a same day connection, which is defined as until next day 6am, to be allowed to use the F lounge. So you will need to use one of the J lounges. I would go for the one most convenient for your gate. Just NOT the Cathay lounge.

As Narita airport closes at night, you will have leave the airside of the airport for the night If you need a visa to Japan, you will need it for this connection.
huh OP is Emerald LOL
Old Nov 15, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

huh OP is Emerald LOL
Wow must be blind....

Main F lounge or satellite F depending on gate, and the need for sushi....
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:59 pm

Wow must be blind....

Told you that you need the GG card long time ago and you just didn't believe me Main vs Satellite will also depends on the need for "better" champagne
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Thanks ^
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:09 pm

Hi - on a related topic re: NRT Sakura Lounge closures, am I reading the JL notice correctly that we can use the Cathay and / or Qantas lounges as well? I have a 4 1/2 hr layover (arr T2 and dep T2) in NRT this Saturday (2pm-6pm) and given how chaotic the Sakura lounge is, I'm considering trying out one of the others - or maybe all of them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BizClsDreaming
Hi - on a related topic re: NRT Sakura Lounge closures, am I reading the JL notice correctly that we can use the Cathay and / or Qantas lounges as well? I have a 4 1/2 hr layover (arr T2 and dep T2) in NRT this Saturday (2pm-6pm) and given how chaotic the Sakura lounge is, I'm considering trying out one of the others - or maybe all of them. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
The Qantas lounge or the Admirals Club. The Cathay lounge is really not that interesting. Qantas is in the sattelite bulding, the Admirals Club is in the main building.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:45 am

The Qantas lounge or the Admirals Club. The Cathay lounge is really not that interesting. Qantas is in the sattelite bulding, the Admirals Club is in the main building.
Excellent!! Thanks for the info.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:52 am

Just wanted to post a follow-up and thanks again to CPH_Flyer. Ended up in the (almost deserted) Qantas lounge for a few hours. Was a very relaxing time with decent snacks, drinks, etc.
On the way to our Gate I snuck into the Admirals club for a bit which was also quiet as a lot of the AA flights were boarding.
So a very enjoyable bit of lounge hopping, especially considering what a scrum the Sakura lounge is.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:35 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
I always go to the satellite building first class lounge if I do not feel like having sushi. It's way less popular over there. If massage will be back it will be amazing (we'll see before Fall 19).
The problem is the sushi has fallen apart - they have tuna every second week if the moon is blue - and it’s announced on some obscure website. I literally used to book out of Narita for the sushi (for flights serving out of both airports, like HKG), but that’s just not a thing anymore.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

The problem is the sushi has fallen apart - they have tuna every second week if the moon is blue - and it’s announced on some obscure website. I literally used to book out of Narita for the sushi (for flights serving out of both airports, like HKG), but that’s just not a thing anymore.
I don't agree that the sushi has fallen apart. Though the futomaki is pretty uninspired, the other fish varieties that cycles through the options are (usually) very nice. But when it is futomaki week, I usually replace that with one of the other options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.