Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak

They can always send people away due to capacity constraints and still not violate ow policy. The lounge doesn’t even need to be full per se. Can just say they expect it will be full with their own passengers during the evening peak hours for example.

I hope this will apply to AA marketed codeshare operated by JL when AC is open
They can indeed do that. And while it is frustrating being send away from your preferred lounge, in the bigger picture spreading the people a bit gives a better experience.

Recently I was "shooed away" from the Qantas lounge in Singapore and had to suffer the BA lounge. Oh the horror!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
I was flying CX and being a MPC DM, I was sent away from the F lounge as well. When I checked in, the agent already told me JL lounge wouldn't take any non JL pax during the renovation. I still tested my luck, but was denied entry. If the flight is ticketed by JL but operated by other carrier, you can are still fine for the time being.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Chatter
I was flying CX and being a MPC DM, I was sent away from the F lounge as well. When I checked in, the agent already told me JL lounge wouldn't take any non JL pax during the renovation. I still tested my luck, but was denied entry. If the flight is ticketed by JL but operated by other carrier, you can are still fine for the time being.
Interesting that they restrict the F lounge access as well. I'll have to test how it looks as a JMB member, though I need to plan carefully to get a non-JL oneworld flight from Narita any time soon....
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:54 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Interesting that they restrict the F lounge access as well. I'll have to test how it looks as a JMB member, though I need to plan carefully to get a non-JL oneworld flight from Narita any time soon....
Well they closed off the F lounge upstairs
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well they closed off the F lounge upstairs
But it anyway had quite brief opening hours, and a lot of 臨時 closures.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:21 am

sssshhh don’t let others know they will start complaining lol
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: CX MPC

Just received.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ppppewang

Just received.
Interesting that they write completely closed, but probably a more clear way to explain it. Instead of adding except if you have a JAL business class ticket or above.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:31 pm

Interesting that they write completely closed, but probably a more clear way to explain it. Instead of adding except if you have a JAL business class ticket or above.
because they want u to think it’s closed and use the CX lounge so CX will get paid when you are on a JL ticket
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

because they want u to think it’s closed and use the CX lounge so CX will get paid when you are on a JL ticket
Have you been to the CX lounge recently? They are the ones with a more dire need of renovation, there is a reason CX travellers needs strong encouragement to go to that lounge. And CX do have a fair number of flights a day from NRT.
jeweled golf club likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:02 pm

Have you been to the CX lounge recently? They are the ones with a more dire need of renovation, there is a reason CX travellers needs strong encouragement to go to that lounge. And CX do have a fair number of flights a day from NRT.
nope, not giving this crappy pathetic airline any money. Usually I don’t even use their lounges at HKG when I am on JL flights

jeweled golf club likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Is this JAL flights only restriction in force at the Satellite First lounge?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The JAL flights only rule does cover codeshare flights. I was on a JL coded CI flight to Kaoshiung, and that gave me access to the main building F lounge. I don't know if that is a general thing, or Diamond status weighing in. The China Airlines check in staff (JAL staff manning the CI desks) told me to use the JAL F lounge, andd the lounge staff had no other comments than 'welcome'
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: jeweledgolfclub
That lounge is sh!t. I am sure they sill enhance away the lounge when the tenancy goes.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:09 pm

The JAL flights only rule does cover codeshare flights. I was on a JL coded CI flight to Kaoshiung, and that gave me access to the main building F lounge. I don't know if that is a general thing, or Diamond status weighing in. The China Airlines check in staff (JAL staff manning the CI desks) told me to use the JAL F lounge, andd the lounge staff had no other comments than 'welcome'
or they just recognize you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.