Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
JAL NRT main building lounge renovation

It seems JAL is renovating its NRT lounges in the main building.
First phase from Nov 1, 2018 to Spring 2019, closing 4th floor First and Sakura Lounge;
Second phase from Spring 2019 to Fall 2019, closing 3rd floor First Lounge area.
Partial Closure of JAL First Class Lounge and Sakura Lounge in the Main Building 3rd and 4th Floor, Narita International Airport - JAL International Flights

There are always substitute lounges in NRT so lounge access would never be a problem. Interestingly it says on the website that during phase 2 Available Lounges during this period are:
  • Renewed First Class Lounge in the Main Building 4th Floor
  • Sakura Lounge in the Main Building 2nd and 3rd Floor
  • First Class Lounge and Sakura Lounge in the Satellite Building
As it didn't mention Sakura Lounge on 4th Floor does it mean JAL is making 4th floor a full First Class Lounge and 2nd/3rd floor a full Sakura Lounge?
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by JALOO5-Flyer; Oct 24, 2018 at 3:27 pm
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
As it didn't mention Sakura Lounge on 4th Floor does it mean JAL is making 4th floor a full First Class Lounge and 2nd/3rd floor a full Sakura Lounge?
Maybe. It makes sense to have separate entrances. Would they add massage back to First?

First Class Lounge in the 3rd floor is becoming a zoo during afternoon rush hours, and it may become even worse during renovation. Same for Sakura Lounge.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Maybe. It makes sense to have separate entrances. Would they add massage back to First?

First Class Lounge in the 3rd floor is becoming a zoo during afternoon rush hours, and it may become even worse during renovation. Same for Sakura Lounge.
I always go to the satellite building first class lounge if I do not feel like having sushi. It's way less popular over there. If massage will be back it will be amazing (we'll see before Fall 19).
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by coolfish1103

It is often a zoo in the morning as well...

I do wonder what they will do for capacity during renovation. Encourage more J lounge guests to go to the Admirals Club? But there is no alternative for the F lounge guests.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:24 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is often a zoo in the morning as well...

I do wonder what they will do for capacity during renovation. Encourage more J lounge guests to go to the Admirals Club? But there is no alternative for the F lounge guests.
There is...the JAL LOUNGE with American Airlines LOL There's a special room for F pax. Should just send all non-JAL pax and JFC members there
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The sign meeting passengers at the main building Sakura lounges starting from yesterday. F lounge open as normal

Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
There is...the JAL LOUNGE with American Airlines LOL There's a special room for F pax. Should just send all non-JAL pax and JFC members there
Yes.
I was denied access to both main and satellite sakura lounge with AA ticket.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by LandMiler
Yes.
dream comes true
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes.
Business class ticket? Or Sapphire status?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:19 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
JGC(sapphire) on Y.
Longe agent told me they accept JL pax only.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:29 pm

Business class ticket? Or Sapphire status?
I am surprised they actually send JFC away when not flying JL. Wonder if they will send you away if you fly on CX. They must know you by name by now
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JGC(sapphire) on Y.
Longe agent told me they accept JL pax only.
Maybe during renovation period?

Certainly not OW rules per se. But they can claim the lounge is "full"
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak

I am surprised they actually send JFC away when not flying JL. Wonder if they will send you away if you fly on CX. They must know you by name by now
Let's see what happens when they start renovating F facilities For now all is business as usual in those sections.

I do get my share of staff recognising me, really depends on the staff of the day.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:49 pm

Maybe during renovation period?

Certainly not OW rules per se. But they can claim the lounge is "full"
They can always send people away due to capacity constraints and still not violate ow policy. The lounge doesn’t even need to be full per se. Can just say they expect it will be full with their own passengers during the evening peak hours for example.

I hope this will apply to AA marketed codeshare operated by JL when AC is open
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:50 pm

Let's see what happens when they start renovating F facilities For now all is business as usual in those sections.

I do get my share of staff recognising me, really depends on the staff of the day.
technically they closed off the F lounge upstairs but i suspect that area is hardly in use except maybe during peak hours as overflow or when someone really wants some quiet time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.