Narita Airport Lounge Closure

Reply

Old Apr 19, 19, 7:43 am
  #196  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,242
Originally Posted by londonexpert View Post
No one reported but the following are the table menu:

1)pasta plate - mushroom sauce spagetti
2) meat plate - grilled chicken with tomato and anchovy sauce
3) chilli concarne
4) sandwich plate - salad wrap kale and Cesar chicken
5) salad plate
6) tirimisu

the 2 ramen bowls as described jal tokotsu and the yuzu and salt
And I'm not sure about "table menu". Makes it sound like table service, like at ANA's lounge.
They have a few counters in front where you go to order. They have the items you can choose from listed. And it depends on the time, so for example most of the items you listed weren't available in the morning.
s0ssos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 19, 11:59 pm
  #197  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Originally Posted by musashino22 View Post
I have a feeling the staircase will be somewhere behind the wall on the picture above (where the flight display is) as that space is blocked-off on the floor map. Haven't tried knocking on the wall if it is solid or not so may be I should do on my next trip. Hahaha.
I had a closer look at the wall, there is indeed a door, but it is no wider than the doors you would typically find private apartments I can't imagine that will be the main connection between the levels of the lounge.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 19, 7:27 pm
  #198  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: TYO
Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 336
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I had a closer look at the wall, there is indeed a door, but it is no wider than the doors you would typically find private apartments I can't imagine that will be the main connection between the levels of the lounge.
I have seen nicely done walls taken down to pave way for something else and you'll be surprised how quiet they do these stuff behind the scene. Let's see in 6 months time if there will be a staircase or not. :-)
musashino22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 19, 11:21 pm
  #199  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by musashino22 View Post
I have seen nicely done walls taken down to pave way for something else and you'll be surprised how quiet they do these stuff behind the scene. Let's see in 6 months time if there will be a staircase or not. :-)
If there is going to be a staircase going down, they will need to pull one of the nicely built walls down. With the door and the fire extinguishing equipment in place on this wall, I doubt it But let's see, from a shape and form perspective of the lounge, I agree that it is many ways the most logical place to do it.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 19, 10:42 am
  #200  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP
Posts: 6
Showers in the main building first class lounge are under renovation until mid-July. Yesterday at 4pm the wait was 2 hours and they were directing people to other OW lounges for shorter wait times. Satellite first lounge had zero wait for showers and also bottles of Yamazaki 12 and Hibiki Blender's Choice!
gobi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 12:02 am
  #201  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 308
Basically with the exception of the sushi, these menu items are the normal buffet items. Just the staff plate it for you now. To be honest I prefer the old setup. And saw they still offer this in the satillite lounge.
londonexpert is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 3:33 am
  #202  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by londonexpert View Post
Basically with the exception of the sushi, these menu items are the normal buffet items. Just the staff plate it for you now. To be honest I prefer the old setup. And saw they still offer this in the satillite lounge.
The tiramisu is new; but otherwise yes, it is just the same items plated by staff. I do wonder if in crush hour it will create a bottle neck waiting for the plating. It has not really looked to be a problem so far when I have been in the lounge, but it is not a speedy process either.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 3:36 am
  #203  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,865
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
The tiramisu is new; but otherwise yes, it is just the same items plated by staff. I do wonder if in crush hour it will create a bottle neck waiting for the plating. It has not really looked to be a problem so far when I have been in the lounge, but it is not a speedy process either.
well...ramen are new too.
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 4:47 am
  #204  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
well...ramen are new too.
True....
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 9:17 am
  #205  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WAS/TYO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, CSP, Global Entry
Posts: 235
Been flying *A for the past 3 years, and was totally unaware of the Sakura lounge renovation until now (I haven't been to NRT T2 at all, actually).
I'm currently in the process of switching back over to the welcoming embrace of OW, on accuont of AA matching me to Emerald.

Has anyone heard any rumors regarding what JAL means by "Fall?" I'll probably be flying through NRT on a Friday in late August(after Obon), in one of the 10AM-ish AY/JL flights.

The AY flight is currently a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the JL flight, but if I'll be turned away from the FC lounge I'm willing to eat the price difference and fly JL instead. I could use the increased accrual after all. I'm assuming that once the renovation is complete, they'll start letting back non-JL elites again.

So any bets as to when the phase 2 renovations will be done? I've seen some reports of the lounge dragons currently letting partner elites into the JL lounges when it's not busy, but I'm guessing the NRT-HEL flights are all scheduled during the morning rush...
JMBResona is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 11:08 am
  #206  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by JMBResona View Post
Been flying *A for the past 3 years, and was totally unaware of the Sakura lounge renovation until now (I haven't been to NRT T2 at all, actually).
I'm currently in the process of switching back over to the welcoming embrace of OW, on accuont of AA matching me to Emerald.

Has anyone heard any rumors regarding what JAL means by "Fall?" I'll probably be flying through NRT on a Friday in late August(after Obon), in one of the 10AM-ish AY/JL flights.

The AY flight is currently a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the JL flight, but if I'll be turned away from the FC lounge I'm willing to eat the price difference and fly JL instead. I could use the increased accrual after all. I'm assuming that once the renovation is complete, they'll start letting back non-JL elites again.

So any bets as to when the phase 2 renovations will be done? I've seen some reports of the lounge dragons currently letting partner elites into the JL lounges when it's not busy, but I'm guessing the NRT-HEL flights are all scheduled during the morning rush...
The point for entry is not where you have your status (assuming that is what you mean with "partner elite"), but who you fly. JL, BA, and QR passengers have access. It seemed they were a lot more strict during the renovation of the 4th, as now there seems to be far more reports of other than JL, BA, and QR passengers being accepted.

I spoke to the guys doing the shoe shine service about when they would get better space, they were saying autumn, so my guess is more like October November timing.

PS The Sakura lounge is the business class lounge.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 8:27 pm
  #207  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WAS/TYO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, CSP, Global Entry
Posts: 235
Sorry, I could have worded it better.

I realize that access is based on operating carrier (unless a codeshare marketed by JL). Which is why I'm struggling to decide between JL and AY for my ex-NRT flight.

I'm somewhat relieved to know that things have gotten less strict since the 4th floor opened. Thanks!

(and yes, I know that Sakura is the business lounge. As a Oneworld Emerald, I'm just hoping for something nicer . It's partly why I'm making the switch from *A in the first place...)
JMBResona is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 9:15 pm
  #208  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,544
Originally Posted by JMBResona View Post
Sorry, I could have worded it better.

I realize that access is based on operating carrier (unless a codeshare marketed by JL). Which is why I'm struggling to decide between JL and AY for my ex-NRT flight.

I'm somewhat relieved to know that things have gotten less strict since the 4th floor opened. Thanks!

(and yes, I know that Sakura is the business lounge. As a Oneworld Emerald, I'm just hoping for something nicer . It's partly why I'm making the switch from *A in the first place...)
Problem with the AY flight is that it is in morning peak, so they may be less lenient. How's the pricing for the AY coded JL flight? From a lounge access perspective, that is treated like JL.. Even if mileage is not.
JMBResona likes this.
CPH-Flyer is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 19, 9:28 pm
  #209  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WAS/TYO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Amex Gold, CSP, Global Entry
Posts: 235
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Problem with the AY flight is that it is in morning peak, so they may be less lenient. How's the pricing for the AY coded JL flight? From a lounge access perspective, that is treated like JL.. Even if mileage is not.
Yeah, I was looking at the AY coded JL--I'm flying on a AY IFLEX/DFLEX ticket so I have to fly either AY metal or AY codeshare--and I only saw D fares when I originally posted it.

I double-checked the dates and itinerary and searched again, and turns out for my dates the AY codeshare JL is actually cheaper than the AY metal. That'll teach me to jump to conclusions....

So I guess I'm flying JL metal ex-NRT after all
JMBResona is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 19, 3:08 pm
  #210  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Programs: AA (EXP), Hilton (Diamond), SPG (lowly Gold)
Posts: 6,938
Originally Posted by londonexpert View Post
Basically with the exception of the sushi, these menu items are the normal buffet items. Just the staff plate it for you now. To be honest I prefer the old setup. And saw they still offer this in the satillite lounge.
I don't think I ever visited the upstairs first class lounge in the past, just the satellite one once or twice, and the main one most of the time. Did there used to be a different menu in the upstairs versus the main floor? And now it is the same menu? But in the satellite terminal the menu differs for the buffet and at a table?
anabolism is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread