JL to move to Terminal 3 at Jakarta Soekarno Hatta

Old Oct 9, 18, 11:39 am
Original Poster
Ritz-Carlton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
JL to move to Terminal 3 at Jakarta Soekarno Hatta

Japan Airlines will be moving to Terminal 3 in Jakarta's Soekarno Hatta International Airport on October 26, 2018, joining Malaysia Airlines and Qantas. This leaves Cathay, Qatar and SriLankan as the remaining three OW carriers in Terminal 2. It is not yet clear which lounge JAL will be using.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/travel...erminal-3.html
Old Oct 9, 18, 4:41 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post
Japan Airlines will be moving to Terminal 3 in Jakarta's Soekarno Hatta International Airport on October 26, 2018, joining Malaysia Airlines and Qantas. This leaves Cathay, Qatar and SriLankan as the remaining three OW carriers in Terminal 2. It is not yet clear which lounge JAL will be using.

Japan Airlines to fly from Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3 - News - The Jakarta Post
Since Japan Airlines and Garuda are starting a major codeshare arrangement, and reciprocal FFP earnings, from October 28th, there is a very good chance that they will be using the Garuda lounges.
Old Oct 10, 18, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope View Post

Japan Airlines to fly from Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3 - News - The Jakarta Post
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Since Japan Airlines and Garuda are starting a major codeshare arrangement, and reciprocal FFP earnings, from October 28th, there is a very good chance that they will be using the Garuda lounges.
hope they will be using garuda lounge.
otherwise the other viable option would be the plaza premium lounge near gate 4?
Old Oct 10, 18, 7:32 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeRitz-Carlton Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC Diamond, BAEC Gold
I would suspect that they will use the Garuda Lounge, but one couldn't be too sure.

If so, that would be a massive step up from the current lounge option, and better than the Plaza Premium Lounge Sapphire
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Oct 13, 18, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott SL
Had the chance to do CGK on Gaurda a couple of times so I can share a few comments on the Terminal.

1. Massive long walk for any gate if it's 10A / 10B / 10C etc. Quite some part of the terminals is building in progress, that you check your air ticket at the gate and start walking far far far away to bypassing all those gates before getting to actual one
2. Air Condition is a hit-or-miss
3. Immigration was great if it's night departure but the other day I have morning departure there is massive tour group. Not sure if it's a everyday thing. They do have priority immigration and security if you are elite or traveling in J / F.
4. CGK Garuda Lounge has limited food option, 4 hot plates to choose from as I recall for my overnight service back to HK / 4 hot option plus egg station, and others are rather basic and nothing fancy. They do have heated popcorns though which is great to go with anything alcohol.
5. Limited food options. I recall 3-4 food outlet with nothing fancy and a Burger King

Feel free to ask for any question!
Old Oct 16, 18, 4:42 am

This is confirmed

If you are travelling in J or with high status, you can get into Garuda lounge
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/181011.html

Search this Thread