Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Vs Korean Vs American

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:50 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
But is AA PY food worse than KE/JL Y food though?
thats not true when i tries their food AA/KE. JL is ahead

In case OP is connecting via HKG, the CX PY seat is pretty uncomfortable if you plan to use the IFE when the passenger in front of you reclines his/her seat.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/review-and-...-europe-london

Look at the top photo and you will know what I am talking about. I've tried PY on their A350-900, and I couldn't find a comfortable position to watch movies at all.
and I couldnt find the comfy temperature on JL. CX and AA is fine!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 9, 2018 at 12:28 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same poster
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:52 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
and I couldnt find the comfy temperature on JL. CX and AA is fine!
CX and AA are too cold for me LOL. There was literally ice falling off the ceiling on my LAX-SFO flight couple of days ago
kaka likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:54 am
Suspended

I've flown KE twice but that's almost 2 decades ago and they were fine back then. Didn't have bad experience. Family recently flew them to LAX, apart from its horrible website, average/below average catering and ground service, their KE experience seems to be fine. There's definitely language barrier though. Family found JL CAs in general easier to understand than the KE FAs. They found KE Y seats on A380 comfortable too.
im surprised you didnt get some feet sticking up ur headrest or armrest. it always happened to me. they mysteriously do not happen on AA, JL and CX.

That's probably because you mainly travel in premium cabin. My experiences on CX Y have been pretty horrible. On flight to LAX, passenger behind put his feet in my travel companion's headrest and the FA LOL when we informed her about the situation (WTH). On flight to BKK, a group of passenger refused to put their tables back to the original position when the FAs were preparing the cabin for landing because they needed to finish their poker game. On flight from BKK, a passenger stole my exit row seat and refused to leave until I called the FA over. Not to mention their horrible catering. I would only travel on CX if that's my only oneworld option or due to time constrain. And this has nothing to do with the passenger's race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc. I could not find any commonality from the inconsiderate passengers mentioned above and they are definitely from different parts of the world.
muahahhahahahahhaha
it did not happen on JAL it must be simply based on probabilities. my experience that it did NOT have to do with the passenger's race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc must have beaten the odds of probability too.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 9, 2018 at 12:35 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same poster
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

In case OP is connecting via HKG, the CX PY seat is pretty uncomfortable if you plan to use the IFE when the passenger in front of you reclines his/her seat.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/review-and-...-europe-london

Look at the top photo and you will know what I am talking about. I've tried PY on their A350-900, and I couldn't find a comfortable position to watch movies at all.
Very good photos of CP's PE seats. Look pretty good to me although actual use, as you indicated, may create a different opinion. At present I'm deliberating on AA, JL, and CP and that is the reason for my original question.

But OP, are you flying AA via HKG or TYO? No point of talking about how crappy and pathetic my CX experiences have been unless your AA option is to connect to CX
Haven't really decided yet. Wanted to get a few different opinions. I might just say to hell with it and find the least expensive one way Business Class. I have enough frequent flyer miles to fly Business on Korean one way BKK/ATL. Unfortunately not enough FFMs one way on Korean ATL/BKK.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 9, 2018 at 12:29 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same poster
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:12 am
Suspended

price aside:
PE: JL>AA>CX
J: JL>CX>AA
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
muahahhahahahahhaha
it did not happen on JAL it must be simply based on probabilities. my experience that it did NOT have to do with the passenger's race, nationality, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc must have beaten the odds of probability too.
im surprised you didnt get some feet sticking up ur headrest or armrest. it always happened to me. they mysteriously do not happen on AA, JL and CX.
Disgusting passengers happen on every single airline so you don't have to be obvious with your racism.

One note to OP though. Both JL and KE can have pretty miserable entertainment (fluctuates between months) if you don't speak the native language. So do consider that too. JAL Moooooooveeeeeeeee.

You will find me sleeping to You wa nanishini nippon e.

Last edited by samwise6222; Oct 8, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:03 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by floridastorm
Haven't really decided yet. Wanted to get a few different opinions. I might just say to hell with it and find the least expensive one way Business Class. I have enough frequent flyer miles to fly Business on Korean one way BKK/ATL. Unfortunately not enough FFMs one way on Korean ATL/BKK.
You may want to try price out ex-BKK one-way/roundtrip business class fare. They are usually pretty cheap compared to the ex-US fares.

@floridastorm, check this out. There're some cheap KE ex-US business class fares right now. You may want to check to see if you can take advantage of them.

KE: Various US cities to S.E. Asia from $2,350++ rt in Business

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Oct 9, 2018 at 12:30 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same poster
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
JAL economy isn't bad. I like seat much better than other airlines for flying Y (especially over AA). The only thing I'd ding JAL on is the food in economy keeps going downhill. This past spring it was essentially some rice and chicken curry with two pieces of meat in it :-/

Though if my memory serves me right, that's the Dreamliner model. I did not like that specific plane the one time I got it on my JFK -> NRT leg. The lack of pull down shades and these electronic shades made taking a nap impossible. All the e-shades did was dim the window a dark blue, but I could still see outside.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NYCBunny
JAL economy isn't bad. I like seat much better than other airlines for flying Y (especially over AA). The only thing I'd ding JAL on is the food in economy keeps going downhill. This past spring it was essentially some rice and chicken curry with two pieces of meat in it :-/

Though if my memory serves me right, that's the Dreamliner model. I did not like that specific plane the one time I got it on my JFK -> NRT leg. The lack of pull down shades and these electronic shades made taking a nap impossible. All the e-shades did was dim the window a dark blue, but I could still see outside.
No mate, it’s an improvement. A while back it was beef stroganoff with just sauce and no meat

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.