Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

NRT-YVR and NRT-SAN will get SKY SUITE upgrade in FY2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-YVR and NRT-SAN will get SKY SUITE upgrade in FY2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:36 pm

Programs: alaska
Odd to me that YVR/NRT apparently isn't a high yield route. Every time I fly it, it's absolutely packed on the route over to Tokyo in both classes(often folks connecting to India). Coming back is still fairly busy, never recall more than a few middle seats being open. Obviously the #'s must show differently, but I've never seen it not packed, so it's weird based on my experience. I would imagine using a vastly inferior J product is what hurt that as much as anything.

The Seattle route will likely be a big changer for that route, so I can see why they are making the change. Excited for the SEA route, but wish it was coming 1 month earlier as I am flying it next in March! That 4 hour layover in Vancouver is always a crap connection to Seattle.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:15 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by gdam22
Odd to me that YVR/NRT apparently isn't a high yield route. Every time I fly it, it's absolutely packed on the route over to Tokyo in both classes(often folks connecting to India). Coming back is still fairly busy, never recall more than a few middle seats being open. Obviously the #'s must show differently, but I've never seen it not packed, so it's weird based on my experience. I would imagine using a vastly inferior J product is what hurt that as much as anything.

The Seattle route will likely be a big changer for that route, so I can see why they are making the change. Excited for the SEA route, but wish it was coming 1 month earlier as I am flying it next in March! That 4 hour layover in Vancouver is always a crap connection to Seattle.
a packed plane doesn’t automatically translate to high yield.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: alaska
Originally Posted by JALPak

a packed plane doesn’t automatically translate to high yield.
Surely true, but I wouldn't think it would be near the bottom of yield. Of course there could be costs/fees to the airline on that particular route I'm not considering, or simply that the airline algorithm is just showing they can't sell those seats for any more $ and still pack the flight.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Blue Soon, HH Diamond, SQ PPS Solitaire, EK Plat,
I noticed from April onwards that SAN is advertised as having the 788 SS, seatmap suggests the 30 seat E12 configuration. Is this a pretty much up-to-date product? I have avoided this route due to the shell-neo seats.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SDUKAG
I noticed from April onwards that SAN is advertised as having the 788 SS, seatmap suggests the 30 seat E12 configuration. Is this a pretty much up-to-date product? I have avoided this route due to the shell-neo seats.
APEX suites as on the 77W.
invalyd likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Stupid question, but does the Sky Suite seat map look obviously so in EF? I've got an award on hold SAN-NRT for early next year, and the seat map shows:
Old May 7, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by anabolism
Stupid question, but does the Sky Suite seat map look obviously so in EF? I've got an award on hold SAN-NRT for early next year, and the seat map shows:
Yes, that would be the Sky Suite on the 787-8 for NRT.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
which looks exactly the same as E03? LOL
Old May 7, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

which looks exactly the same as E03? LOL
That is actually true, come to think of it.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

That is actually true, come to think of it.
but I would be surprised if they revert it back to E03
Old May 7, 2019, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but I would be surprised if they revert it back to E03
That too
Old May 7, 2019, 6:21 pm

Thanks! How do you tell?
Old May 8, 2019, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
Thanks! How do you tell?
As I was reminded, I rely on JAL's reliability to not change plane types. The two configurations look the same on EF.

But if you look at the forward economy cabin, if it has rows 18 to 26, it is the sky suite config. If it has 18 to 29 is is the NEO config.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; May 8, 2019 at 12:16 am
Old May 8, 2019, 5:11 pm

But if you look at the forward economy cabin, if it has rows 18 to 26, it is the sky suite config. If it has 18 to 29 is is the NEO config.
Thanks, that's good to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.