Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

NRT-YVR and NRT-SAN will get SKY SUITE upgrade in FY2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-YVR and NRT-SAN will get SKY SUITE upgrade in FY2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by happy_adventure
Hi!

First time posting here. Super excited about my YVR-NRT-HKG trip. I'll be flying the JL 17 in mid-April. How likely do you think it will be with a sky suite?

If not, should I switch my reward redemption to an outbound from SEA-NRT-HKG?
JL17 is remaing NEO seats until at least June according to the current setup in the booking system. I would say very close to zero chance that you will get a SkySuite in April. It would only in a case where they need to swap the plane and only have a SkySuite plane free.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 11:39 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JL17 is remaing NEO seats until at least June according to the current setup in the booking system. I would say very close to zero chance that you will get a SkySuite in April. It would only in a case where they need to swap the plane and only have a SkySuite plane free.
just wait till summer schedule is announced then we will know more
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: Asia Miles
Originally Posted by JALPak

just wait till summer schedule is announced then we will know more
Thx! Do you know when this might be released? I'm curious whether I should fly down to Seattle or something
Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA
Does this mean that the YVR route will also get PE? I'm currently booked in Economy for NRT-YVR 4/11, I'd like to buy up to PE if possible or are these only business updates? I'm a total JL noob.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theshaun
Does this mean that the YVR route will also get PE? I'm currently booked in Economy for NRT-YVR 4/11, I'd like to buy up to PE if possible or are these only business updates? I'm a total JL noob.
no, SEA doesn’t have PY either.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
YVR is still showing up as Shell Flat Neo for some flights I'm looking at in Oct/Nov, though I get it's probably a placeholder schedule for now. Still, it would be nice to get some certainty for those of us looking to book in advance!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
YVR is still showing up as Shell Flat Neo for some flights I'm looking at in Oct/Nov, though I get it's probably a placeholder schedule for now. Still, it would be nice to get some certainty for those of us looking to book in advance!
you get what you paid for, which is to fly you from YVR to NRT, and don’t expect anything other than NEO if you have to book this far in advance. Even if the seat is showing as SS, JL can always switch it to NEO or even SHELL FLAT for operational reasons considered this is the lowest yield route with this specific config.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Surprise surprise, the YVR SS upgrade will be SS6 not SS8 LOL That's not an upgrade IMHO

It will be "upgraded" to SS6 from June 1 2019
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Surprise surprise, the YVR SS upgrade will be SS6 not SS8 LOL That's not an upgrade IMHO

It will be "upgraded" to SS6 from June 1 2019
The main part of the passengers will still have a massive upgrade. The 767 Y seats are much nicer... But that is not the point of this thread.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:16 am
Original Poster

The main part of the passengers will still have a massive upgrade. The 767 Y seats are much nicer... But that is not the point of this thread.
Narrower seat width and drier cabin in exchange for wider seat pitch
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Narrower seat width and drier cabin in exchange for wider seat pitch
The economy class seats on the NEO fleet are pretty abysmal by now. The cushioning seems to be absolutely gone.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
And only a single column of middle seats, so there's that.

As for the J seats, this will be 6 fewer than the already shrunken E03 config. Does the route struggle across Y as well or is it just the J cabin?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel

And only a single column of middle seats, so there's that.

As for the J seats, this will be 6 fewer than the already shrunken E03 config. Does the route struggle across Y as well or is it just the J cabin?

2-3-2 vs 2-4-2 means eco-flat will be too short

that low yield route struggles and with introduction of SEA, it loses SEA connection traffic. Some may even choose to go through SEA to get better seats Note that this is not the first time YVR goes SS6 though.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Well, at least we'll get a nicer pillow on SS6

(they still have those fancy foam pillows, right?)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Well, at least we'll get a nicer pillow on SS6

(they still have those fancy foam pillows, right?)
They do

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.