JAL to start NRT to SEA

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tokyoite
Wiki Link
Excellent trip report of the inaugural on 31/3/2019, and return on 4/4/2019, with bonus reviews of the (former) old F lounge and new F lounge at NRT
Thanks!
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 25, 18, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1P, Alaska MVPG 75K, Hyatt Daimond
JAL to start NRT to SEA

I noticed this sign at a dinner today. Looks like it is real!

HawaiiO and RaginPlainsman like this.

Last edited by convert; Sep 25, 18 at 11:36 pm
Old Sep 25, 18, 11:33 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Yes, they have just announced it today. Launch date is Mar 31 2019

JAL???=???????? | ??????? | JAL?????
RaginPlainsman likes this.
Old Sep 26, 18, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Yes, they have just announced it today. Launch date is Mar 31 2019

JAL???=???????? ??????? JAL?????
Yeay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 26, 18, 4:04 pm

And we get the better Lie Flat Sky Suites!
Old Sep 26, 18, 7:23 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AS MVPG, HH G
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
And we get the better Lie Flat Sky Suites!
Even better!

Short article in the Seattle Times for those of us who can't read that press release.

Japan Airlines to join ANA and Delta in 2019 offering Seattle-Tokyo service

"The new daily service on Boeing 787-8 aircraft will leave Narita airport each day at 6 p.m. and, because of the time shift, arrive at 11 a.m. in Seattle the same day after a 9-hour flight. Flights from Seattle will leave at 2:20 p.m. and arrive in Tokyo at 4:30 p.m. the next day."
Old Sep 26, 18, 7:39 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Seems like a new config will be deployed to the NRT-SEA as per the press conference.

https://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/156541 (Japanese Only)

PE (total 35 seats) on rows 17-21 will be eliminated and will only be a 2-Class config on SkySuite (APEX) while Y would still stay 8-abreast.
JAL will do reconfig work on some existing 10 SS8 frames according to the report.
Old Sep 26, 18, 7:58 pm

It will be interesting to just have Business and Economy (though a good Economy). I'm hoping that with the competition from SEA-NRT (Delta, ANA, JAL), we will see some pricing wars. Maybe even a sub-$400 ticket from time to time.

Also, did I read some place that it will switch to HND sometime in the future?
Old Sep 26, 18, 9:15 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
It will be interesting to just have Business and Economy (though a good Economy). I'm hoping that with the competition from SEA-NRT (Delta, ANA, JAL), we will see some pricing wars. Maybe even a sub-$400 ticket from time to time.

Also, did I read some place that it will switch to HND sometime in the future?
Japanese Forums are mentioning it will be C38Y156 config
New slots at Haneda will be decided next year for 2020 implementation and JL might apply for it but then it depends if it will be approved by J-Gov or not so we'll see.
Old Sep 26, 18, 11:29 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by musashino22 View Post
Japanese Forums are mentioning it will be C38Y156 config
New slots at Haneda will be decided next year for 2020 implementation and JL might apply for it but then it depends if it will be approved by J-Gov or not so we'll see.
156 Y and 38 J does not really leave spaxe for the APEX suite. The original NEO version had 144 Y, so it would need a full row plus two half a row some where, yet the 38 seat APEX cabin takes more space than the NEO cabin. So I would guess it it would be the reverse herringbone sky suites that will come to these routes.
Old Sep 26, 18, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
156 Y and 38 J does not really leave spaxe for the APEX suite. The original NEO version had 144 Y, so it would need a full row plus two half a row some where, yet the 38 seat APEX cabin takes more space than the NEO cabin. So I would guess it it would be the reverse herringbone sky suites that will come to these routes.
JAL is already advertising this with the SKY SUITE and SKY WIDER seats so it will most likely be the APEX seats
Old Sep 27, 18, 12:11 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold

JAL is already advertising this with the SKY SUITE and SKY WIDER seats so it will most likely be the APEX seats
Maybe just less than 38J Remind me, who many seats in the reduced J NEO configuration....
Old Sep 27, 18, 12:13 am

Maybe just less than 38J Remind me, who many seats in the reduced J NEO configuration....
why do you keep referencing NEO lol. The rumored new config has exactly the same number of SS seat as the current SS8 LOL

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/conf/787.html

Anyway E03 (reduces NEO) has 30C 176Y
Old Sep 27, 18, 12:30 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

why do you keep referencing NEO lol. The rumored new config has exactly the same number of SS seat as the current SS8 LOL

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/conf/787.html

Anyway E03 (reduces NEO) has 30C 176Y
Because the NEO config has no PY cabin so it gives a good indication of what that space that gives in terms of extra Y seats. I know galley and lavatory are located differently as well. But since the can get the same number of rows from 45 and back wards on the SS version and the NEO version, NEO is a good reference point to understand how many Y seats go there.

That added to the DS8 space needed for 38 seats, something has to give way....
Old Sep 27, 18, 12:37 am

Because the NEO config has no PY cabin so it gives a good indication of what that space that gives in terms of extra Y seats. I know galley and lavatory are located differently as well. But since the can get the same number of rows from 45 and back wards on the SS version and the NEO version, NEO is a good reference point to understand how many Y seats go there.

That added to the DS8 space needed for 38 seats, something has to give way....
but the space needed for SS seats arenít the same. E01 is actually a closer reference. The C cabin goes all the way to mid wing just like SS8. I will still minus a few rows from that though.
Old Sep 27, 18, 12:54 am

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
But since the can get the same number of rows from 45 and back wards on the SS version and the NEO version, NEO is a good reference point to understand how many Y seats go there.
So is the added pitch in SS Y mostly from slimlined seats then? It looks from the seatmaps on JAL's site that SS Y stretches back just slight further at Row 55 (along with adding a row in the center section with the bulkhead pushed forward).

Search this Thread