Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Excellent trip report of the inaugural on 31/3/2019, and return on 4/4/2019, with bonus reviews of the (former) old F lounge and new F lounge at NRT
Thanks!
Print Wikipost

JAL to start NRT to SEA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak

but the space needed for SS seats aren’t the same. E01 is actually a closer reference. The C cabin goes all the way to mid wing just like SS8. I will still minus a few rows from that though.
That's the problem in the end, there is just not enough space for 38 156. If they take 6 out of SS8 would they get space for 1 full row and a middle block of 4 in Y.?

Anyway, November 5th will show.... A month and a bit of suspense.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
JAL's homepage is pretty clear on the seat types. But not on the count of seats.

https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/route/sea/?m=i04#SEAT
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP75k, Marriott Titanium
Oh boy, within 2 months all of a sudden SEA went from 0 OW TPAC flights to 2 (the other being CX). I have to wonder if CX/JL knew what each other was up to as they were planning their new route.

On another hand, I'm seeing some spark again in my hopes of AS joining OW...
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:20 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond+ Lifetime, JL Diamond
F yeah says the guy flying NRT-LAX-SEA-PDX on Monday.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That's the problem in the end, there is just not enough space for 38 156. If they take 6 out of SS8 would they get space for 1 full row and a middle block of 4 in Y.?

Anyway, November 5th will show.... A month and a bit of suspense.
Apologies all for sharing the wrong info here. Had a bad jetlag when I typed them and now that everything is back to normal, I went back to read comments in 2ch and actually it's not C38Y156, but C30Y156. The latter makes sense and CPH-Flyer had a point all along. Cheers
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by musashino22
Apologies all for sharing the wrong info here. Had a bad jetlag when I typed them and now that everything is back to normal, I went back to read comments in 2ch and actually it's not C38Y156, but C30Y156. The latter makes sense and CPH-Flyer had a point all along. Cheers
That makes more sense

Is this NEO being converted, or SS8 being converted or some if the new planes coming in?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That makes more sense

Is this NEO being converted, or SS8 being converted or some if the new planes coming in?
​​​​​​

The NEOs were just "retrofitted" from E01 to E03 by reducing C and increasing Y for all 15 frames so I don't think they will be converted to SS8.
Some of the 10 x SS8 frames, my guess max 4, are good candidates for the new config and these can be deployed to SAN/YVR sometime next FY as well.

Now the question is what will happen to all these extra seats that were taken out?
When E01 was converted to E03, 12 NEO Seats were taken out per frame, now with the new SS8 config, 8 APEX Suites and 35 PY seats will also be removed.
My guess would be, the APEX/PY seats can be used on the last 4 x 789 orders, and probably we could also see an upgrade from Sky Luxe to NEO for all 9 x International 738s.

Just my wild speculations and should not be taken seriously. Cheers
Lumpylump76 likes this.

Last edited by musashino22; Sep 29, 2018 at 4:25 am
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rustykettel

So is the added pitch in SS Y mostly from slimlined seats then? It looks from the seatmaps on JAL's site that SS Y stretches back just slight further at Row 55 (along with adding a row in the center section with the bulkhead pushed forward).
The mid cabin galley is smaller in the SS 787-8, and yes I also think the seat rows stretch a further back, plus less space taken for lavatories. That plus the slim line seats

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Sep 28, 2018 at 8:53 am
Old Sep 28, 2018, 2:18 pm

I'm wondering what the biz class cost will be.... it'll be nice having a Dreamliner direct from SEA that can be used for redeeming AA or AS miles!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:51 am

New config is called E12 with C30 (Rows 1-3 / 7-8) and Y156 (Rows 18-26 / 45-55) and will debut on Feb 1st starting with JL745/746. 2nd Frame will be with JL717/718 starting Mar 1st. Subsequently, these 2 frames with the new E12 config will be used on the new NRT-SEA route starting Mar 31st after JL745/746 reverts to E03 while there is no news so far whether JL717/718 will be extended further as these are originally just seasonal/temporary flights. (source: local jp blogs)

Last edited by musashino22; Sep 29, 2018 at 4:01 am Reason: source
Old Sep 29, 2018, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by acarney
I'm wondering what the biz class cost will be.... it'll be nice having a Dreamliner direct from SEA that can be used for redeeming AA or AS miles!
Well Oct 2018 C Class Fares on both NH/DL are between U$5K and U$10K so there is quite high demand but with JL launching, the prices might go down for a few months before they start to normalize again. For sure JL/NH will not be cheap.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:25 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by musashino22
Well Oct 2018 C Class Fares on both NH/DL are between U$5K and U$10K so there is quite high demand but with JL launching, the prices might go down for a few months before they start to normalize again. For sure JL/NH will not be cheap.
it will be if you are graspers or graabers
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
If JL keeps its existing fare rules for RT I and X fares for YVR-NRT-xxx then the deal will be to drive up to YVR, grab a JL coded AS flight back to SEA and then take the SEA-NRT flight. I routinely fly these ex-YVR fares for US$2.3k (currently via LAX connection). YVR-SEA-NRT-xxx should price similarly, at least if they leave the same routing rules in place for the YVR fares.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:48 pm

The arrival timing at SEA wouldnt be so good for the pax..
It is about the same time where a ton of international flights arrive.
The last time I did that, the immigration queues stretched all the way to the jetbridge!
Fortunately, I had global entry but for those people without, the wait was at least 2-3 hours.

The departure time wouldnt be good too as the lounges would be packed.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
The new International Arrivals facility at SEA is under construction, and should alleviate some of the current problems.

https://www.portseattle.org/projects...ivals-facility

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.