FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   JAL to start NRT to SEA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1932540-jal-start-nrt-sea.html)

montybis May 9, 2019 7:04 pm

Was on flight back to SEA on Monday. Very light in biz; I counted 7. I noted same with purser showing her the expert flyer seat map. She was surprised that such info was public. Rest of plane no more than 50%. Service was very good. Crew was excited for first visit to Seattle, including the FA from Singapore who spoke excellent English. I was in 7a because 7c rattled so much and was quite bothersome. I moved, more than once as privacy wasn’t an issue. I noted the issue with the purser. Food was good and FA allowed to mix menus. Plane showing wear of course. Overall, other than seat issue, a pretty smooth flight.

makrxx May 11, 2019 9:38 am

Looking to fly on 24/25/26th June from SEA-NRT. Nothing on business atm. Do they tend to open up more seats closer to date for redemption?

(I’ll be redeeming it through Alaska)

CPH-Flyer May 11, 2019 9:42 am

Originally Posted by makrxx (Post 31090280)
Looking to fly on 24/25/26th June from SEA-NRT. Nothing on business atm. Do they tend to open up more seats closer to date for redemption?

Very difficult to say. They may, but there is no fixed schedule for when and how much. Also, JMB members may get any extra releases as upgrades, it is s to læ possible to wait list for upgrades.

Jeeves May 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by makrxx (Post 31090280)

On Wednesday night, two biz awards seats became available for redemption on Alaskair.com for this Saturday's flight and we grabbed them. It is real random and I have noticed the award availability changes often. We were originally routed through LAX and jumped on the SEA-NRT nonstop. Just got to keep checking.

5khours May 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Took the flight a couple of weeks ago. Very comfortable seats. Good service. Now all they need to do switch to a 777 with F seats and fly out of HND.

makrxx May 21, 2019 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Jeeves (Post 31111866)
On Wednesday night, two biz awards seats became available for redemption on Alaskair.com for this Saturday's flight and we grabbed them. It is real random and I have noticed the award availability changes often. We were originally routed through LAX and jumped on the SEA-NRT nonstop. Just got to keep checking.

Thanks. I’m trying to do LAX - TYO - SIN on multi city with 2 days in Tokyo, but still no availability as of now.

Even when I try SEA- TYO - SIN it will display SEA - SFO - TYO (also no availability) and dosent show any combination for SEA - NRT