JAL to start NRT to SEA

    Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tokyoite
Wiki Link
Excellent trip report of the inaugural on 31/3/2019, and return on 4/4/2019, with bonus reviews of the (former) old F lounge and new F lounge at NRT
Thanks!
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Oct 3, 18, 7:50 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
The new International Arrivals facility at SEA is under construction, and should alleviate some of the current problems.

https://www.portseattle.org/projects...ivals-facility
With completion targets of the various steps between May and November 2020. So improvement is still a more than a year off by the time the route commences.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 8:17 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: EUG/PDX
Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Posts: 3,847
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
With completion targets of the various steps between May and November 2020. So improvement is still a more than a year off by the time the route commences.
I missed those dates inline. That's a bit later than previously, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The Port of Seattle has a reputation for dragging things out. But hey, maybe it might be ready for HND-SEA?
rustykettel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 18, 9:38 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
I missed those dates inline. That's a bit later than previously, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. The Port of Seattle has a reputation for dragging things out. But hey, maybe it might be ready for HND-SEA?
Yeah, they burried those dates pretty deep in the materials. Occupational hazard, I always get drawn to information not shown....
rustykettel likes this.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 18, 8:02 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: TYO
Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 336
E12 seat map (C30Y156) for this route has just been uploaded.

http://www.jal.co.jp/aircraft/conf/787.html

On one hand a new 772ER Y-heavy config (W63/W64 - C26Y286) was also uploaded.
This could be for the remaining frame that remains on the old config.

http://www.jal.co.jp/aircraft/conf/777er.html

Last edited by musashino22; Oct 12, 18 at 12:29 am
musashino22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 18, 3:46 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Programs: QFF
Posts: 5,286
Originally Posted by Petester View Post
Oh boy, within 2 months all of a sudden SEA went from 0 OW TPAC flights to 2 (the other being CX). I have to wonder if CX/JL knew what each other was up to as they were planning their new route.

On another hand, I'm seeing some spark again in my hopes of AS joining OW...
And SEA is on the QF "possible" list for when they get more 787s late next year.
Himeno is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 18, 6:29 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: PHL
Posts: 14
Did anyone else catch that in this press release it says:

The carrier will introduce the well-received "JAL SKY SUITE" configured Boeing 787-8 aircraft on routes between Narita and Seattle. The carrier also plans to introduce the "JAL SKY SUITE" equipment on its Narita-Vancouver and Narita-San Diego routes during FY2019.
ganbare is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 18, 6:57 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by ganbare View Post
Did anyone else catch that in this press release it says:

The carrier will introduce the well-received "JAL SKY SUITE" configured Boeing 787-8 aircraft on routes between Narita and Seattle. The carrier also plans to introduce the "JAL SKY SUITE" equipment on its Narita-Vancouver and Narita-San Diego routes during FY2019.
Yes, it was mentioned.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1932541-nrt-yvr-nrt-san-will-get-sky-suite-upgrade-fy2019.html
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 18, 6:44 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: NYC/LAX
Programs: BAEC Gold, JAL Sapphire, JGC, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Air Europa SUMA Silver
Posts: 103
New 788 config E12

Seems JAL has updated this E12 configuration 788 to be used on NRT-SEA on its website.
JALOO5-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 18, 7:34 pm
  #39  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,863
Originally Posted by musashino22 View Post
E12 seat map (C30Y156) for this route has just been uploaded.

ボーイング787-8(788)/ 機内座席配置

On one hand a new 772ER Y-heavy config (W63/W64 - C26Y286) was also uploaded.
This could be for the remaining frame that remains on the old config.

ボーイング777-200ER(777)/ 機内座席配置
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer View Post
Seems JAL has updated this E12 configuration 788 to be used on NRT-SEA on its website.
Which someone has already posted 5 days ago
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 18, 4:34 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
Posts: 2,162
Juicy updates.
JAL now has double FOP (targeted)/ double Miles (all people) campaign on the Seattle route.
Only JAL 67/68 qualify, no codeshares.
As usual, registration before flight required.

Double miles: 3/31-5/31 (Japan based registration link)
Double FOP: 3/31 - 6/30 (Japan based registration link, targed offer, only in Japanese it seems. Cant find the english version page, but registration is easy as per usual method with a single click)

Combined with the RGN fare here and routing via Seattle to LAX/SAN/SFO reaps you close to 40,000+ FOP.
My route for 2200 USD in business class, and NRT-LAX during Japan golden week!!
RGN-BKK-HND-stopover NRT-SEA-LAX and reverse.

RGN-BKK 379 FOP at 100% fare M
BKK-HND 5,379 FOP at 1.5x 125% fare X
NRT-SEA 12,738 FOP at (6369 x 2x), 125% fare X, including the double FOP
SEA-LAX 1,193 FOP at 125% fare I on AA (domestic first class)
One way total = 19,689 FOP.
Return total = 40,178 FOP (including additional 1600 bonus FOP total for the four JAL flights, campaign extended into 2019)
aikinai likes this.

Last edited by Tokyoite; Feb 5, 19 at 9:19 am
Tokyoite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 2:44 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York
Posts: 6,442
JL has released the SEA-NRT J menus and thankfully, it will not adopt the old-style long haul meals featured on the Vancouver flights.
(NRT-SEA menu is still not not release)
It will feature the similar menu as other JL's USA flights.
There will be a typical main meal service after takeoff and then the rest of the menu will on the demand.

​​​​​​http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/m...903_201905.pdf

Carfield
Carfield is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 3:10 am
  #42  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,863
Originally Posted by Carfield View Post
JL has released the SEA-NRT J menus and thankfully, it will not adopt the old-style long haul meals featured on the Vancouver flights.
(NRT-SEA menu is still not not release)
It will feature the similar menu as other JL's USA flights.
There will be a typical main meal service after takeoff and then the rest of the menu will on the demand.

​​​​​​http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/m...903_201905.pdf

Carfield
Glad they don’t do the old style. Now SEA is a connecting option for me

too bad no special inaugural menu, it’s just the same as the rest of the US ports. And what’s up with that braised meat with tofu in Japanese main? LAX menu states it’s beef but SEA menu says meat only?

and do they really think bibimbap style beef steak is a western dish!?
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 3:24 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post


Glad they don稚 do the old style. Now SEA is a connecting option for me

too bad no special inaugural menu, it痴 just the same as the rest of the US ports. And what痴 up with that braised meat with tofu in Japanese main? LAX menu states it痴 beef but SEA menu says meat only?

and do they really think bibimbap style beef steak is a western dish!?
Bibimbap does originate west of Japan so I guess it must be western style. Or?

CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 3:32 am
  #44  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,863
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Bibimbap does originate west of Japan so I guess it must be western style. Or?

now I understand why I kept seeing Chinese dish on the 努estern menu on my TYO-HKG flights LOL
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 19, 8:50 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 105
Eastern Aussie Beef? or Meat?
Good that Seattle got a decent menu. One more connecting city for us!
jgchiker is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread