Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combining JAL PY and AA Y on award ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Combining JAL PY and AA Y on award ticket?

I know that some partners like BA will allow this, but as far as I can tell, it's impossible to book such an itinerary with JAL miles... is that correct? Trying to figure out the best way to book DCA-ORD-NRT with the transpac in PY.

(While I'm at it, does anyone know why JAL has four different oneworld award charts for members in different regions... and the prices on each seem to be exactly the same???)

Last edited by joejones; Sep 18, 2018 at 3:07 pm
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Reality is, JAL has four different systems handling the four user regions represented out there (Japan, Europe, Asia, Americas). They are just keeping things tidy on their side by showing the same charts for each region.
As to your question, the rules allow it (link). You just need to call it in if you cant book it online.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:36 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Reality is, JAL has four different systems handling the four user regions represented out there (Japan, Europe, Asia, Americas). They are just keeping things tidy on their side by showing the same charts for each region.
As to your question, the rules allow it (link). You just need to call it in if you cant book it online.
You are linking to partner award redemption which I don't think allows partner + JL redemption anymore. The only reference I found on partner redemption is "One award ticket is valid for travel on one of the following partner airlines" without stating combination with JAL is allowed.

To redeem this as a single ticket, OP will need to use oneworld award, which doesn't have premium economy redemption. And it is clearly stated on the "Conditions for Using Awards" page that "Premium Economy Class is not eligible with an Economy Class award, but is eligible with a First Class award or Business Class award."
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Thanks Pak, that's what I thought. The Japanese airlines really do their best to make PY difficult to book.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.