Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

pay € 180 to take the first available flight or make a long stop at NRT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pay € 180 to take the first available flight or make a long stop at NRT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
i thought he said the arrival times changed by an hour or sth.
It does change for the winter schedule. OP was comparing summer schedule arrival time 8:55 with winter schedule arrival time 10:00.

This was not a sudden change, that's just the way the schedules are set.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 11:28 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
i thought he said the arrival times changed by an hour or sth.
Arrival time change was due to daylight saving time at HEL which essentially means flight departing an hour later (flight duration is also 15 min longer during winter). It’s OP’s own mistake to check current schedule and assumed his flight will arrive at the same time as the summer schedule.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:15 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
well but the airlines should have well reflected it in the schedule since DST is not an unforeseeable event.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 1:26 am

well but the airlines should have well reflected it in the schedule since DST is not an unforeseeable event.
that’s exactly on the same day as the start of winter schedule.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Free agent
Take the train?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

then it turns out to be a no show, the ticket is canceled, if it is offered by japan airlines, I'll take the train, but I do not believe LOL
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JALPak

Arrival time change was due to daylight saving time at HEL which essentially means flight departing an hour later (flight duration is also 15 min longer during winter). It’s OP’s own mistake to check current schedule and assumed his flight will arrive at the same time as the summer schedule.
well, his ticket must have stated the correct arrival time of 1000hrs and a 25 mins connecting time (that he cant make)
or the wrong arrival time that he cant make the earlier flight anyways
or the wrong arrival time that he could have made the earlier flight.

with either of the latter 2 cases he could have rejected the changes. but im surprised the schedule didnt show the correct arrival time so its in fact not the first case.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:36 pm

well, his ticket must have stated the correct arrival time of 1000hrs and a 25 mins connecting time (that he cant make)
or the wrong arrival time that he cant make the earlier flight anyways
or the wrong arrival time that he could have made the earlier flight.

with either of the latter 2 cases he could have rejected the changes. but im surprised the schedule didnt show the correct arrival time so its in fact not the first case.
it’s a mistake on OP’s end, not the schedule.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JALPak

it’s a mistake on OP’s end, not the schedule.
what a shame
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

I traveled on 787-9 Jal, HEl-NRT, choice more than apt despite 8 hours of transit to Narita, I traveled in economy class superlatively, seat the best of all the companies flew up now (already tried on 787-8 Jal), very well-kept interiors, excellent soundproofing inside, the General Electric GEnx engines could not be heard very much, very kind and prepared crew, excellent food, perfect Ife. Experience to be repeated soon next year, I saw that they postponed the flight to NGO in 2019, I checked by buying a new flight and had the transit after 1.30 hours. See you soon in Japan
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Talking

Ho viaggiato da 787-9 Jal, Hel-NRT, scelta più adatta, nonostante 8 ore di transito verso Narita, ho viaggiato in classe economica superlativamente, sede il meglio di tutte le società volato ora (già provato sul 787-8 Jal) , interni molto curati, ottima insonorizzazione interna, i motori General Electric GEnx non poteva essere sentito molto, molto gentile e preparato equipaggio, cibo eccellente, perfetto Ife. Esperienza da ripetere presto l'anno prossimo, ho visto che hanno rinviato il volo per ONG nel 2019, ho controllato con l'acquisto di un nuovo volo e aveva il transito dopo 1,30 ore. A presto in Giappone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.