Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage accumulation on Upgrade Awards

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
Mileage accumulation on Upgrade Awards

Dusting this thing off after a few years.

I have a new client who has 5 different offices and because of this I've flown a lot this year for work, plus the usual Spring trip to Japan and returning for Shougatsu this year means I'm able to hit JGC Crystal. Which would be great with all the AA flights I'm on for work.

One possible snag, I upgraded my flight out (the 2018 flight) from Premium Economy to Business. The website says upgrades awards accumulate mileage of original purchased ticker (fine, that's what I want), but farther down on the page it says "all awards tickets are not eligible for miles". I'm assuming they don't mean "upgrade awards", but "flight ticket awards". I'm a bit nervous that when I look at my booking info only the 2019 leg back is showing mileage accumulation . Can someone confirm?

Unrelated question, I'm still confused by what lounge we're suppose to use at JFK. 2016/2017 I used the AirFrance one which was good. This Spring I used the Lufthansa one, based on what the website said, and it was pretty terrible outside the beer. The website makes it seems like you can use Lufthansa with some ticket types and OW status, and you can use the AirFrance one with others. Has anyone successfully entered AirFrance lounge since the change with either JGC/Sapphire or a straight up C or F ticket?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:44 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Upgraded flights will earn miles based on original booking class

Lounge access details can be found on
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/lounge/jfk/

Last edited by JALPak; Sep 2, 2018 at 7:58 am
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: JGC Diamond, OW Emerald, Amtrak Select Plus,Hotels.com Gold
Thanks, JALPak! Nice to see you're still here.

Nice to see they fixed the lounge situation, too, since I last looked, because AirFrance's is way nicer!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.