JAL business mini cabin on SS2

Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:30 am
Original Poster

JAL business mini cabin on SS3

Hi everyone - I am going to take a Sky Suite 772 flight.
I have a choice between row 4 middle seat or row 8 (mini cabin) window seat. While I prefer a window seat, I wonder if service in the mini cabin (starting row 8) will be worse (like usually run out of meal choice)?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by ma930407; Jul 17, 2018 at 10:53 am Reason: amending the title
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
i personally prefer the mini cabin, window seat and JAL will not run out of meal options if you ask early.
they only have two, the western and japanese meals. f you must really take one option, mention it at check in or boarding and they will keep it for you.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ma930407
Hi everyone - I am going to take a Sky Suite 772 flight.
I have a choice between row 4 middle seat or row 8 (mini cabin) window seat. While I prefer a window seat, I wonder if service in the mini cabin (starting row 8) will be worse (like usually run out of meal choice)?
Thanks for your help!
Meal choices are mostly not a problem to get on JAL. Unlike US based airlines it is not SOP to ask for second choice initially. As it mainly adds up. I would not worry about service being different.

It would be SSIII on the refurbished 777-200ER by the way.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Meal choices are mostly not a problem to get on JAL. Unlike US based airlines it is not SOP to ask for second choice initially. As it mainly adds up. I would not worry about service being different.

It would be SSIII on the refurbished 777-200ER by the way.
its binary on jal theres no second choice
just the one u picked and the one you didnt. There was one time they only rationed one between the both of us.
felt slightly grumpy cuz we are both jgc (dont remember if +1 was premier yet or not)
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:09 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
i personally prefer the mini cabin, window seat and JAL will not run out of meal options if you ask early.
they only have two, the western and japanese meals. f you must really take one option, mention it at check in or boarding and they will keep it for you.
On most routes, it's actually 3. There are 2 options on the Western menu.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.