Seat selection dilema

Old Jun 9, 18, 2:19 pm
bil
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seat selection dilema

Hi,

I have booked myself into a SFO-HND operated by a 777-300ER but I am unsure about the seat selection. Currently I am deciding between 5C, 5E and 10K. I do value a window a bit but the sound of the engines in the 777 can be bothersome plus the fifth row looks like a more private seat (I've never flown JAL before). Any thoughts or recommendations?

Bil

Last edited by bil; Jun 9, 18 at 2:29 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 9, 18, 2:24 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bil View Post
Hi,

I have booked myself into a SFO-HND operated by a 700-300ER but I am unsure about the seat selection. Currently I am deciding between 5C, 5E and 10K. I do value a window a bit but the sound of the engines in the 777 can be bothersome plus the fifth row looks like a more private seat (I've never flown JAL before). Any thoughts or recommendations?

Bil
If you meant a 777-300ER, then we can help.

I like row 5. Easy exit on arrival, too. The E seats are quite private even though they have aisle access. But many think they are too private. On a night flight I would have no problem in the E seats since sleep is important.

Oh, there's really nothing to see out the window on these flights.
bil likes this.
Old Jun 9, 18, 2:32 pm
bil
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by roberto99 View Post
If you meant a 777-300ER, then we can help.
I do! That made me look like a noobie :P
Old Jun 9, 18, 6:41 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
I would go for one of the row 5 seats if it was me.

This is not a flight I normally sleep much on, as I don't want to arrive home at 20:30 feeling super well rested.. . But being in row 5 is just a far more private option.
​​​​​​
If you have a good pair of noise cancellation head phones, even sitting in the row with the engines is not a big problem for flights where you are awake. I often find that even lowest volume setting on the IFE is loud enough. Unfortunately sleeping with the NC headphones rarely work well....
Old Jun 9, 18, 10:11 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
FYI, first window is missing in row 10
Old Jun 11, 18, 8:12 pm

Programs: United, AA, KrisFlyer
Row 5 is the only business class row in the front cabin. The rest are first class cabins. It's a really, REALLY quiet cabin.

Search this Thread