HNL to Hanoi, Bangkok back to HNL

Old May 25, 18, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
HNL to Hanoi, Bangkok back to HNL

Hi all. I'm trying to narrow down which flight I want to book for a trip next April. We want business class and would ideally both have window seats for the peace, quiet and privacy so we can sleep. I have read and researched and every time I feel like I have it...I can't make up my mind. What would you do? I'm looking at JA 783/751 going and JA 708/782 on the way back. Am I going to be disappointed? I want to make sure we are in Lie Flat not recliners.

Advice?
Old May 25, 18, 8:49 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
JL708 is using the NEO seat at the moment. That is an angled flat seat, not bad for the type but not fully flat. The other flights are fully flat at the moment.

Your guess is as good as mine on what configuration is used in the summer schedule 2019, but I would not guess radically different setup on these routes
Old May 25, 18, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you CPH-Flyer. Good to know on the 708. I know it can change I just hope it won't change too much.
Old May 26, 18, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Are you looking for cash tickets or miles award tickets?
If you need a good business class, then Hawaian connecting to JAL in Tokyo should be a good choice.
Old May 26, 18, 11:57 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
If you need a good business class, then Hawaian connecting to JAL in Tokyo should be a good choice.
As a grAAbber, he's looking for grocery coupon redemption
Tokyoite likes this.
Old May 27, 18, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
As a grAAbber, he's looking for grocery coupon redemption
I'm a mileage member with AA (as well as other airlines) because at the time I signed up, AA was what the Government used when they sent me on travel. I'm also a member with other airlines, I just didn't add them. And it's SHE. Thank you. And just to clear any further communication, Rebel is a nickname I earned in the Navy and 54 is the year of my Corvette. You have a wonderful day.
Old May 27, 18, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Tokyoite. I am actually paying cash on this flight. I do have miles with Hawaiian...but probably not enough after my last trip to NYC, so cash it is. I love Hawaiian and try to fly them whenever I leave island, but I'm not 100% in love with their new Business class. If it's a JAL plane, that might work. I appreciate the courteous response.

Last edited by Rebel54; May 27, 18 at 12:52 pm
Old May 31, 18, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
If paying cash, then go with the best bang for the buck. Apart from flatbeds, chose wisely based on the transit point (Tokyo, Seoul, Manila, Taipei, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing, or god forbid Sydney....), as well as the flight convenience. Happy hunting!
Old May 31, 18, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

If paying cash, then go with the best bang for the buck. Apart from flatbeds, chose wisely based on the transit point (Tokyo, Seoul, Manila, Taipei, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing, or god forbid Sydney....), as well as the flight convenience. Happy hunting!
Thank you for the response Tokyoite. I ended up booking through Narita. Other than the one flight (Bangkok back to Narita) it's all flat beds and booked window seats for both of us. On the single window seats stayed with the even numbered seats that have the seat next to the window and the table between us and the isle. I am looking forward to trying out the JAL product.

Search this Thread