Is 1.30 Hours Enough Time for a Narita Layover?

Old May 17, 18, 11:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Is 1.30 Hours Enough Time for a Narita Layover?

Looking at going from SAN to BKK with a stop in NRT, but the connection time is only 90 minutes. Is this enough? I generally like 3 hours for intl' layover minimum.

The way I see it, if it's a simple gate change in the same terminal I will risk it, but if I have to change terminals or clear customs I am not going to bother. Anyone know?
Old May 17, 18, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Proudelitist View Post
Looking at going from SAN to BKK with a stop in NRT, but the connection time is only 90 minutes. Is this enough? I generally like 3 hours for intl' layover minimum.

The way I see it, if it's a simple gate change in the same terminal I will risk it, but if I have to change terminals or clear customs I am not going to bother. Anyone know?
you only need to go theu transit security- basically a quick x-ray. Would take you no more than 15 minutes.
90 mins is plenty of time unless you run into some random massive delays (which is while unpredictable, rare)
Old May 17, 18, 1:46 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kaka View Post

you only need to go theu transit security- basically a quick x-ray. Would take you no more than 15 minutes.
90 mins is plenty of time unless you run into some random massive delays (which is while unpredictable, rare)
now you’ve jinxed it LOL
kaka likes this.
Old May 17, 18, 4:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka View Post

Well thanks! I feel better about it now. It's all on JAL so if there is a delay that causes me to miss it I am covered.
kaka likes this.
Old May 18, 18, 10:15 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Proudelitist View Post
Well thanks! I feel better about it now. It's all on JAL so if there is a delay that causes me to miss it I am covered.
If you are all on JAL, you will only need five minutes. JAL personnel will insure you make your flight.
Old May 18, 18, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
You are on one ticket?
Old May 18, 18, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
90 minutes is enough to even get a shower and a couple of cold ones in the lounge.

Search this Thread