NRT Fastrack for OWE and guest in Y?

Old May 15, 2018, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
NRT Fastrack for OWE and guest in Y?

HI Guys, I will be flying soon to NRT and back on JAL in Y , likewise my friend.

Being a OWE with QR, I understand I will get Fast track access through immigration, however my friend will be flying on a different JAL Y flight. Will they grant access to both?

Thank you for your advice.

Ez
Old May 15, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by EzzerBKK
HI Guys, I will be flying soon to NRT and back on JAL in Y , likewise my friend.

Being a OWE with QR, I understand I will get Fast track access through immigration, however my friend will be flying on a different JAL Y flight. Will they grant access to both?

Ez
There is arrival fast track through immigration, but that is only for first class passengers. Not granted to status holders. There is no fast track for immigration upon departure.

For departure security, there is a fast track for business class, first class, and OWS/OWE (not to be confused with the JAL F security). I don't think they worry about it being te same flight, but can't remember right now if Oneworld allows a guest for fast track security as a general benefit.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHon Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TG Gold, QR Plat, OZ Gold, AF Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Priority Pass
Thanks CPH Flyer. Yes am indeed inquiring about departure immigration/security.

Ez
Old May 30, 2018, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Wanted to update as a data point, having just returned from NRT trip.

Checked in at F counter and was told that yes no problem using F departure fast track security which is just across the corridor from the F check-in, then proceeded to normal immigration desk after that (no-queue so didn't notice if it was actually priority line there). Was super efficient.

Enjoyed the sushi after that! Amazingly fresh especially given the outlay from me...
Old May 30, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Wanted to update as a data point, having just returned from NRT trip.

Checked in at F counter and was told that yes no problem using F departure fast track security which is just across the corridor from the F check-in, then proceeded to normal immigration desk after that (no-queue so didn't notice if it was actually priority line there). Was super efficient.

Enjoyed the sushi after that! Amazingly fresh especially given the outlay from me...
Did they allow your guest?
Old May 30, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Dont expect it. You can be lucky if the courtesy is offered by JAL (for the dedicated F counter and fast track) but dont be surprised if it isnt.
By the way, security fast track for biz/OWS has hawks at the entrance (contract company, not JAL) who scrutinized the boarding passes and send away ineligible passengers.
Old May 30, 2018, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold

Ez
quick search on oneworld.com
Old May 30, 2018, 11:49 am
Suspended

Clearly says owe, and 1 friend allowed
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Dont expect it. You can be lucky if the courtesy is offered by JAL (for the dedicated F counter and fast track) but dont be surprised if it isnt.
By the way, security fast track for biz/OWS has hawks at the entrance (contract company, not JAL) who scrutinized the boarding passes and send away ineligible passengers.
should i expect to use the f lounge as owe

Last edited by kaka; May 30, 2018 at 11:59 am
Old May 31, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by kaka

Clearly says owe, and 1 friend allowed

should i expect to use the f lounge as owe
Hi. I live in Japan and know Japanese. where does it say 1 friend allowed? I dont see it in the photo.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Hi. I live in Japan and know Japanese. where does it say 1 friend allowed? I dont see it in the photo.
In the linked web page I was wondering for a bit before I got it....

But actually the link is about the JAL F fats track and the picture is from the Oneworld fast track.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:53 am
Suspended

Hes flying jal so

In case for japanese

Last edited by kaka; May 31, 2018 at 9:59 am
Old May 31, 2018, 9:59 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

But actually the link is about the JAL F fats track and the picture is from the Oneworld fast track.
the “fats” track has always allowed one companion, probably because most Japanese are fat enough for the fats track LOL
Old May 31, 2018, 10:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer

Tokyoite was talking about Oneworld fast track whilst OP is flying JAL. So i just posted everything accordingly.

JAL posted everything in english and japanese with minimal abiguousness as seen above.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka

Tokyoite was talking about Oneworld fast track whilst OP is flying JAL. So i just posted everything accordingly.

JAL posted everything in english and japanese with minimal abiguousness as seen above.
It just took me a bit to get the drift
kaka likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: jeweledgolfclub
The JAL fasttrack is amazing... I wish I could use it when flying other OW and can waltz into the lounge!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.