Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL First Class Lounge: NRT or HND?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:59 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Any recent data points or opinions on this topic? Comparing the newly renovated NRT F Lounge to the temporary Sakura Skyview at HND for F passengers.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by davakkar
Any recent data points or opinions on this topic? Comparing the newly renovated NRT F Lounge to the temporary Sakura Skyview at HND for F passengers.
That's pretty simple, the temporary lounge is basically a J lounge with a few added amenities for F pax. So at the moment, Narita is the clear winner.. Some time in March we will see a new situation.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
not much of a comparison. went through both in this month and the comment above is spot on.
Until the HND refurb is completed next month, the HND F lounge is just a glorified J lounge with additional amenities such as shoe shining and premium champagne.
What aspects of the lounge are you specifically interested in?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Odd first visit to NRT F lounge today. As I entered upstairs, noticed some commotion in the small seating area to the left but couldn't tell what was going on. On a subsequent pass, saw that a guest had been violently sick all over the floor. He was passed out in one of the lounge chairs, and staff had surrounded him with plastic sheeting. Don't know if he was ill or just exceptionally drunk. What was really weird was that lounge staff just let him sit there in full view for the length of my visit (about 30 minutes). Several staff members were standing around looking extremely uncomfortable, but I saw no indication assistance had been sought either from medical personnel (if he was ill) or law enforcement (if he was drunk). Never seen anything like this in any lounge anywhere. In the US the dude would have been promptly carted off either on a gurney or in handcuffs.

And the lounge? Nice enough space. Food options rather disappointing. Except for the mini Kit-Kats. They were very tasty
Old Feb 18, 2020, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Cool

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
That's pretty simple, the temporary lounge is basically a J lounge with a few added amenities for F pax. So at the moment, Narita is the clear winner.. Some time in March we will see a new situation.
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
not much of a comparison. went through both in this month and the comment above is spot on.
Until the HND refurb is completed next month, the HND F lounge is just a glorified J lounge with additional amenities such as shoe shining and premium champagne.
What aspects of the lounge are you specifically interested in?
Thanks to you both! That's what I figured. Most of my research on reviews indicated that Sakura Skyview was nice enough as the only F option at HND, but the exclusivity of NRT F lounge makes it more appealing. And since we'll have 8+ hours at either location and we have the option between the two, I'll plan for NRT.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:15 pm

Thanks to you both! That's what I figured. Most of my research on reviews indicated that Sakura Skyview was nice enough as the only F option at HND, but the exclusivity of NRT F lounge makes it more appealing. And since we'll have 8+ hours at either location and we have the option between the two, I'll plan for NRT.
with 8 hours to kill, I would chose NRT because of the number and variety of lounges you can hop through. (total 7 lounges!)
Sakura F x 2 lounges
Sakura biz x 2 lounges
Cathay biz
American biz ->Closes March 31st.
Qantas biz
+++Shower in F lounge, Champagne in either F lounge or Cathay lounge, DIY burgers in the American lounge, some Aussie coffee in the Qantas lounge, the famed curry in Sakura lounge etc.
dvs7310 and rustykettel like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:24 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
with 8 hours to kill, I would chose NRT because of the number and variety of lounges you can hop through. (total 7 lounges!)
Sakura F x 2 lounges
Sakura biz x 2 lounges
Cathay biz
American biz ->Closes March 31st.
Qantas biz
+++Shower in F lounge, Champagne in either F lounge or Cathay lounge, DIY burgers in the American lounge, some Aussie coffee in the Qantas lounge, the famed curry in Sakura lounge etc.
THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA AND YOU'RE AWESOME FOR MENTIONING IT! I didn't even consider lounge-hopping... I was too focused on getting the right JAL F experience. I'll just have to convince the +1 to come along. Or leave him in the F lounge and go adventure on my own

Now I have to go do more research on all those! Thanks again!
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:48 pm

THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA AND YOU'RE AWESOME FOR MENTIONING IT! I didn't even consider lounge-hopping... I was too focused on getting the right JAL F experience. I'll just have to convince the +1 to come along. Or leave him in the F lounge and go adventure on my own
Now I have to go do more research on all those! Thanks again!
just google search "narita oneworld lounge review boardingarea" and there are many blogs/vlogs with the ins, the outs, the highs and lows of all the lounges there.
also, note their operational hours and strategize your eat/drink/eat/drink cycle !
there are no real nap-rooms though, that's the only small bummer in the 8 hour party.
and, definitely let HIM stay somewhere to read the paper/surf the web as you hop all over.
I usually go in this cycle
Sakura F ->appetizer snack on 4F n drinks at the bar on 3F, then do Cathay J for the Haagen Dazs ice cream and some noodle soup (the lounge itself is nothing fancy like HKG)
then go down to American J for rest/break from eating. It is quiet with amazing aircraft views.
then trek up to the satellite area Sakura F lounge for some more drinking/
rustykettel likes this.

Last edited by Tokyoite; Feb 19, 2020 at 1:29 am
Old Feb 19, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Odd first visit to NRT F lounge today. As I entered upstairs, noticed some commotion in the small seating area to the left but couldn't tell what was going on. On a subsequent pass, saw that a guest had been violently sick all over the floor. He was passed out in one of the lounge chairs, and staff had surrounded him with plastic sheeting. Don't know if he was ill or just exceptionally drunk. What was really weird was that lounge staff just let him sit there in full view for the length of my visit (about 30 minutes). Several staff members were standing around looking extremely uncomfortable, but I saw no indication assistance had been sought either from medical personnel (if he was ill) or law enforcement (if he was drunk). Never seen anything like this in any lounge anywhere. In the US the dude would have been promptly carted off either on a gurney or in handcuffs.
I'm not sure what the actual law is on it, but you'll never see the police involved for public drunkenness in Japan. You have to do something above and beyond like getting into a fight or vandalism. Simply passing out in a public place, 'getting sick' in a public place, or staggering around are of no interest to Japanese police. If anything at all would be done for this lounge passenger it would also be medical personnel, but the general attitude in Japan is just to ignore it.

I do suspect drunk was likely the case, if he were that ill, they'd have brought in the paramedics... paramedics are called for extremely minor things quite often that are a complete waste of public money. (it's run by the fire department, not charged to insurance like in the US).
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:30 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Does anybody know when the Haneda F class lounge is finally due to open? Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2020, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
Does anybody know when the Haneda F class lounge is finally due to open? Thanks!
Not a word on the topic from JAL yet. My best guess is a week or so before the change of the timetable change.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 11:10 am

NRT satellite lounge F and J, both closed indefinitely (Due to low travel demand due to CoronaV effects).
On website, they say tentatively reopen on 3/29th, but could change "depending on conditions".
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Not a word on the topic from JAL yet. My best guess is a week or so before the change of the timetable change.
Can't remember where I saw it, but pretty sure it's the end of March. Though who knows now with the COVID19 BS going on.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Can't remember where I saw it, but pretty sure it's the end of March. Though who knows now with the COVID19 BS going on.
Yes, that general statement has been around since they closed the lounge for refurbishment. Waiting for the specifics.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I'm not sure what the actual law is on it, but you'll never see the police involved for public drunkenness in Japan. You have to do something above and beyond like getting into a fight or vandalism. Simply passing out in a public place, 'getting sick' in a public place, or staggering around are of no interest to Japanese police. If anything at all would be done for this lounge passenger it would also be medical personnel, but the general attitude in Japan is just to ignore it.

I do suspect drunk was likely the case, if he were that ill, they'd have brought in the paramedics... paramedics are called for extremely minor things quite often that are a complete waste of public money. (it's run by the fire department, not charged to insurance like in the US).
Would they let him board a flight in that condition?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.