Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL website rejecting my AA number?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
JAL website rejecting my AA number?

Did anyone else encounter this? I am stuck because it's asking me for 10 alpha-numeric characters whereas AA has 7.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 5:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Is this your issue? Problem adding AA FFP number to JAL booking
You can always call in.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Not sure if it has to do with name as the website won't go through unless i type in 10 characters... I will call them, thank you!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: UA/AA
Yes, I encountered this recently also. I gave up after entering my AA acct. number a few times.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I too have had this error when trying to enter passport information, and have not found a way around it.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Same here. I guess if more people call in, they will look into it and have it fixed.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Just call it in.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:50 am

Since JL uses Amadeus now, you can just go to another OW airline's site that uses Amadeus (QR and AY usually work the best) and manage your booking there and change your FF#.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Is this your issue? Problem adding AA FFP number to JAL booking
You can always call in.
That is not the issue. The web form is requiring a 10 digit/character AAdvantage number when they are only 7 digits/characters.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
That is not the issue. The web form is requiring a 10 digit/character AAdvantage number when they are only 7 digits/characters.
Can you try leading zeros? I don't know if it works, but JAL still has some 7 digit member numbers, though 9 is the standard, and here the instruction has been to use leading zeros. (at least until quite recently I have seen that on the website)
Old May 5, 2018, 11:23 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Any luck using the Finnair website? It should theoretically be possible if JAL is using Amadeus PNRs now. You should also be able to pull it up via e-ticket no.

Edit: Just saw that Reikon beat me to the punch.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys - just as an update, JAL took my AA number without an issue at online check-in
Old May 25, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: ANA Diamond, UA 1K, AA EXP, Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Adding it on the BA website works too.
Old May 26, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Adding another data point. Still cannot add my AA number, padding with zeroes does not work either. Using the QR website or the BA website will do the trick, but Finnair (AY) and RJ's websites didn't work. Dunno why since they should all be Amadeus, but now it's all sorted. It's handy to have it in the res if you're flying economy since you get to select front row seats if you are OWS and above?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:15 am

Reporting DP - booked BA Avios award ticket but BA's website does not allow changing the primary passenger's details. Qatar's webpage did the trick, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.