Wiki Posts
Search

AA/JAL Partnership for Elites

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

AA/JAL Partnership for Elites

Have a question regarding the snippet below:

"The customer experience is always on our mind, and that’s especially true for our VIP customers. In May, American implemented a process to assist top JAL customers flying codeshare on American to and from Japan at DFW, LAX, and ORD which is modeled after our Five Star Service, including guaranteed arrival, departure and connection assistance. Likewise, JAL will soon begin to assist our ConciergeKey members on select JAL flights at NRT and HND, followed later this year by Kansai International Airport in Osaka (KIX)."

What does AA mean by "top JAL customers?" Would this be JL Diamond, or is there a secret tier above this?

Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Have a question regarding the snippet below:

"The customer experience is always on our mind, and that’s especially true for our VIP customers. In May, American implemented a process to assist top JAL customers flying codeshare on American to and from Japan at DFW, LAX, and ORD which is modeled after our Five Star Service, including guaranteed arrival, departure and connection assistance. Likewise, JAL will soon begin to assist our ConciergeKey members on select JAL flights at NRT and HND, followed later this year by Kansai International Airport in Osaka (KIX)."

What does AA mean by "top JAL customers?" Would this be JL Diamond, or is there a secret tier above this?

Thanks!
There are tiers above Diamond. It might also aim at people with 5 star life time status with their Diamond card.

There are too many Diamond members for them to be included in this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There are tiers above Diamond. It might also aim at people with 5 star life time status with their Diamond card.

There are too many Diamond members for them to be included in this.
Thank you for the quick response and 10-4. Curious to the tiers above Diamond - do you mind explaining? Very curious about this program and there isn't much about it online...
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Thank you for the quick response and 10-4. Curious to the tiers above Diamond - do you mind explaining? Very curious about this program and there isn't much about it online...
Most programmes have their super tiers, BA has Premier and GGL, AA has concierge Key, UA has global services. I am not intimately familiar with the JAL one, but it will be alongside same methods of selection and benefits.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I don't know too much about them. Despite sometimes feeling like I live in airplanes and airports I have yet to qualify for anything above Diamond.

I have only heard about them as JALPak has mentioned them in the forum from time to time. I don't think there is any public information about them.
​​​
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:14 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I don't know too much about them. Despite sometimes feeling like I live in airplanes and airports I have yet to qualify for anything above Diamond.

I have only heard about them as JALPak has mentioned them in the forum from time to time. I don't think there is any public information about them.
​​​
or you can find them on the manifest
Old Mar 3, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak

or you can find them on the manifest
I rarely get to see the manifest... :-)
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Ya'll are lame, it's just an airline status, I don't get the whole secrecy about it. I will force an answer out of my next JAL flight attendant
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ya'll are lame, it's just an airline status, I don't get the whole secrecy about it. I will force an answer out of my next JAL flight attendant
I am not trying to be secretive but I really don't really know much. Apart from 5 Star, which just requires 1,000,000 international BIS JAL miles booked to your JMB account. Though the stated benefits are negligible, I don't know if there are any unstated benefits.

The other ones I have heard off are mentioned towards the end of this thread.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1884733-double-fly-points-promotion-2018-a-2.html
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:39 pm

There is Metal above Diamond, It might be equivalent to CK.
It is not an open status, so I don't know the perks of it.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:08 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jgchiker
There is Metal above Diamond, It might be equivalent to CK.
It is not an open status, so I don't know the perks of it.
there’s no extra perks as far as the two metal members I’ve talked to
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Most programmes have their super tiers, BA has Premier and GGL, AA has concierge Key, UA has global services. I am not intimately familiar with the JAL one, but it will be alongside same methods of selection and benefits.
And Qantas has Chairman's Lounge.
Often not about frequent flying, but about political and/or commercial influence.
A QF CL I am aware of rarely qualifies for the lowest status tier.
If you need to ask you do not qualify.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:03 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
And Qantas has Chairman's Lounge.
Often not about frequent flying, but about political and/or commercial influence.
A QF CL I am aware of rarely qualifies for the lowest status tier.
If you need to ask you do not qualify.
i think qantas Platinum One is equivalent tier... chairmans club is not merit based rather relationship based
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: JMB Metal/Diamond, ANA Diamond, HA Pualani Platinum and UA Premier.
There is Metal in JAL for which they don't publish qualification rules and is above Diamond but apart from getting a titanium card and some domestic upgrade certificates, there's not much benefit to it.
But above that, JAL has the code PROM for their VIP customers who are usually CEOs and such. This is the level where JAL will have someone attend to you on boarding and disembarking.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for the responses. Purely just curious as these secret statuses are interesting to look into!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.