Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Inflight satellite TV in FY2018, domestic IFE screen and seat power supply in FY2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight satellite TV in FY2018, domestic IFE screen and seat power supply in FY2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2018, 12:27 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/items/uplo...91aef36c40.pdf

Introduce inflight satellite TV in FY2018 and personal monitors and seat power supply on domestic routes in FY2019.
Looks like a direct response to NH's new offerings. Now I can finally charge my phones and use the inflight wi-fi at the same time even when I am not in F during domestic MRs
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I understand the business need to add this as NH has already annouced it, but with the average length of domestic flights in Japan I feel that this is really wasted money. With the exception of a few routes like Naha and Ishigaki I can't see a practical need as a passenger.
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I understand the business need to add this as NH has already annouced it, but with the average length of domestic flights in Japan I feel that this is really wasted money. With the exception of a few routes like Naha and Ishigaki I can't see a practical need as a passenger.
Don't think this is going to be on all routes. For now, the in-seat power supply and IFE will only be on the A350-900 and 787-8. So probably HND-ITM/CTS/OKA/FUK?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Here's the timeline for domestic IFE enhancement: JAL???????Wi-Fi 1???? ??????? JAL?????

1. Video streaming channels increased from 20 to 70 from August. Will include overseas programming.
2. Live TV streaming for news and sports programs from Oct

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.