Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

I need to call JAL from US, but they are not picking up all week?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

I posted recently because when booking a JAL economy flight online, I accidentally entered the wrong birthday for my spouse, noticed it at the end, and the website would not (and will not still) allow me to re-access it to change it.

So that was last week. I have been trying them almost every day since, on my lunch break at work, which varies as to when it once, and once in the morning before work too, and I have held and held and held but the phone just drops my call usually after 25-45 minutes. One day, I tried three times in a row for two hours straight. Each time, I held and then was eventually dropped. I've tried different combinations of requests on the automated intro too?

They only have the one number. It's only open during normal business hours, it says, although I am not sure in what time zone (it's an 800 number).

At wit's end here. How can I contact them to fix the birthday issue for the flight? Also, is this normal for them? I haven't ever flown with them before, but I have heard they are a good airline, which is why I picked them, but what if I need other customer service from them? They don't have an online chat feature or anything. This is all very strange.

Any ideas? I'm getting anxious and the whole thing has taken a lot of time. I'm probably spent a total of around five or six hours into trying to reach them!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:22 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by wanderingstar
I posted recently because when booking a JAL economy flight online, I accidentally entered the wrong birthday for my spouse, noticed it at the end, and the website would not (and will not still) allow me to re-access it to change it.

So that was last week. I have been trying them almost every day since, on my lunch break at work, which varies as to when it once, and once in the morning before work too, and I have held and held and held but the phone just drops my call usually after 25-45 minutes. One day, I tried three times in a row for two hours straight. Each time, I held and then was eventually dropped. I've tried different combinations of requests on the automated intro too?

They only have the one number. It's only open during normal business hours, it says, although I am not sure in what time zone (it's an 800 number).

At wit's end here. How can I contact them to fix the birthday issue for the flight? Also, is this normal for them? I haven't ever flown with them before, but I have heard they are a good airline, which is why I picked them, but what if I need other customer service from them? They don't have an online chat feature or anything. This is all very strange.

Any ideas? I'm getting anxious and the whole thing has taken a lot of time. I'm probably spent a total of around five or six hours into trying to reach them!
JAL Group Offices and Contact us in U.S.A. and CANADA - JAL

It clearly states the it's Pacific Time. Just call at 5am and they should pick up pretty quickly. But I haven't tried calling at 5am for a long time. I usually just use the top flyer line at normal times

Alternately, you can use the email option listed on that page as well.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: JMB, AMC
The call dropping issue aside, hold times are usually around 45min-1hr long during the middle of the day from my past experience.
Using the English or Japanese option didn't make a difference for me either. Neither picked up any faster.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: SPG, HH, IHG, BA, DL
If you are close to a JAL office or airport ticket counter, give them a personal visit.
I have gone to their LA JAL office once to make a change on a ticket - my parents speak Japanese only and had to do the change in person.
JAL office: 6041 W. Imperial Hwy. Los Angeles Ca. 90045.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I don't know why it was dropping my calls, but I tried again ten minutes before they closed (it wasn't on the site I first looked at, sorry), and then I was put on hold, stayed on hold for an hour on speaker phone from a LAND LINE (thinking maybe my cell was dropping, although it doesn't usually), and the issue was resolved in about two minutes. They seem to take calls after they close as long as you're in the queue.

Long wait time for customer service in the U.S. Thanks for letting me know; I worked while on hold.

I live about two hours from the nearest JAL ticket counter, each way, plus tolls, so that wasn't in the cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.