Originally Posted by kaka
plus cancellation fees.
yes, but some fares allow upsetting without penalty
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak
yes, but some fares allow upsetting without penalty
that would be a penalty of zero and you shall not assume that.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
as PEY pax you can access J lounge at hND. unless your status offer access already this is marginal fringe benefit... jl PEY also has larger legroom than usual PEY seat. for a 4hr flight its perfectly doable.

in a nutshell this isnt something i stress over to transfer miles pay rebooking fee and hope for award tp open up.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
To note, I've found out that JL29 on Apr 30, the flight that worked out perfectly for me to fly lie-flat to HKG on just 20k AmEx points into Avios has been swapped for Shell Flat as realized today while looking over my seat assignment. It also comes as no coincidence that JL81, the flight to SHA got the Sky Suite III config on their seat map according to ExpertFlyer for the same day. I looked at the JAL site and both flights have the asterisk noting that equipment changes may happen.

My question is that how is the Shell Flat seat and general service compared to the similar product that CX offers for their multiple flights between TYO and HKG?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by InterPlace55
To note, I've found out that JL29 on Apr 30, the flight that worked out perfectly for me to fly lie-flat to HKG on just 20k AmEx points into Avios has been swapped for Shell Flat as realized today while looking over my seat assignment. It also comes as no coincidence that JL81, the flight to SHA got the Sky Suite III config on their seat map according to ExpertFlyer for the same day. I looked at the JAL site and both flights have the asterisk noting that equipment changes may happen.

My question is that how is the Shell Flat seat and general service compared to the similar product that CX offers for their multiple flights between TYO and HKG?
The shell flat seat is nice for a day flight. They are roomy and comfy. If you get the regional seats on Cathay, JAL is superior. It is a bit random what you end up with on CX though Haneda seems more consistently the long haul seats.

Food is better on JAL.

The asterisk is only on the Hong Kong route on the Japanese version of the seat and route overview.
kaka likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.

My shell flat flight last month. Good enough for a short day flight.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i actually like the shell flat more than SSIII/SS2.
Otherwise it would be SS8/SS9.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.