Wiki Posts
Search

FlyON Points on Emirates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

FlyON Points on Emirates

Hello everyone,

I'm going to book a flight on JAL website operated by Emirates return NRT-DBX for next april.

I read on JAL website that economy ticket between Tokyo and Dubai are not eligible for miles earning, however what about the fly on points?

I don't care about milage at the moment but need to make some FlyOn for status.

Is this ticket going to earn any flyon?

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by enniorancati
Hello everyone,

I'm going to book a flight on JAL website operated by Emirates return NRT-DBX for next april.

I read on JAL website that economy ticket between Tokyo and Dubai are not eligible for miles earning, however what about the fly on points?

I don't care about milage at the moment but need to make some FlyOn for status.

Is this ticket going to earn any flyon?

Thanks
Unfortunately, No. You can't earn FOP on ineligible booking classes with EK flight numbers.
Even mile earning booking classes such as F and A can't earn FOP with EK flight numbers.

Bye the way, If you book a flight as a JAL flight number (EK metal/operating), JAL's flight earning table is applied.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
Unfortunately, No. You can't earn FOP on ineligible booking classes with EK flight numbers.
Even mile earning booking classes such as F and A can't earn FOP with EK flight numbers.

Bye the way, If you book a flight as a JAL flight number (EK metal/operating), JAL's flight earning table is applied.

Thank you for your fast answer.

However this is the "tricky" point, because booking on JAL website seems like the flight is gonna be with JL number like JL5093 (con't remember the correct number sorry), in this case i thought is possible to earn at least FOP (no milage that is specified). Also because the same ticket with the same class cost like 700euro on emirates and 135.000Y on JAL website.

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
As I mentioned, JL flight numbers earn both of miles and FOPs according to JAL earning chart.

JL5095 NRT to DXB earns both of miles and FOP.
TPM is 4957 miles. For example, booking class S earns 2479 miles and 2879 FOP..
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:25 am
Original Poster

As I mentioned, JL flight numbers earn both of miles and FOPs according to JAL earning chart.

JL5095 NRT to DXB earns both of miles and FOP.
TPM is 4957 miles. For example, booking class S earns 2479 miles and 2879 FOP..

great thank you! probably my mistake because i found this on JAL website under the partners > emirates page:
  • *Flights between Japan and Dubai that are booked in I, O, E, W, R, K, U, B, M, V, T, L, Q, or X are ineligible for mileage accrual.

But this probably is related to EK flights only. If you buy on JAL website a JL flight even if operated by Emirates earns miles.

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have flown the JAL coded Emirates flights a couple of times. They earn FOP and segments as a JAL flight.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 5:44 pm

One more thing.
All paid JAL coded flights that are credited to JMB account are counted as lifetime miles.
In my experience, JL coded (QR/AA/UL/PG metal) flights were credited to the lifetime mile total.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
One more thing.
All paid JAL coded flights that are credited to JMB account are counted as lifetime miles.
In my experience, JL coded (QR/AA/UL/PG metal) flights were credited to the lifetime mile total.
I can add experience with AF,AY,BA, and EK to that list. So yes,it is pretty universal.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I also flew EK with a JL flight number last year and doing so again this year. It's a bit of a pain for seat selection, but you do get the mileage benefits (and JL lounge access at NRT/HND/KIX).
Old Feb 22, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Well,Emirates flight with JAL flight number - Earns both miles and FOPs, at JAL booking class rates.Emirates flight with Emirates flight number - Earns only miles (No FOPs), at Emirates booking class rates.See link. https://www.jal.co.jp/en/jmb/earn/tr...t/ek.html#tabsFlights do not count toward FLY ON status qualification, regardless of whether the fare is eligible for mileage accrual.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Just to get the point out there, in general I think it's better to book QR (either as a JL codeshare or with a QR number) than to go through EK. The exception to this is if you want to save time going directly to DXB or have to go to a country QR cannot fly to at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.