Community
Wiki Posts
Search

no checkin counter at haneda domestic

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

no checkin counter at haneda domestic

It seems strange to me there is no checkin counter at Haneda domestic (I guess I have never flown domestically from Haneda before). You have to go to a ticketing counter to checkin, and then wait in another line to check in your bags.

And if you do not have a ticket issued by JL you cannot use the self-service machines nor checkin online.

Are other airlines at Haneda like this? It seems so backwards.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The premium lines has what you would call normal check in counters, but I have not used the main check in flow for years so my recollection of how it flows is more than just hazy.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i can think of a few places that has similar procedure. except visiting a manned counter vs visiting a machine counter seems rather similar
Old Feb 8, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Automated online check-in, e-boarding passes, baggage drop are the norm.
If you need a traditional check-in, there are numerous check-in counters available.
Please have a look at the website here.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Automated online check-in, e-boarding passes, baggage drop are the norm.
If you need a traditional check-in, there are numerous check-in counters available.
Please have a look at the website here.
I think that OP's objections were to this part of the website's instructions.

​​​​​​
  • Check-in baggage
    For Domestic flights, please check-in your baggage at the baggage counter after check-in.
Does sound like a two point process
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:29 am
Suspended

OLCI was never possible for someone who did not buy a domestic ticket and gotten a 4-digit PNR/code.

never tried after migration, but i cannot check my itinerary on the domestic website either. so i assume you cannot use a machine.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka
OLCI was never possible for someone who did not buy a domestic ticket and gotten a 4-digit PNR/code.

never tried after migration, but i cannot check my itinerary on the domestic website either. so i assume you cannot use a machine.
Seems awfully backwards.

I don't think I have flown ANA domestic, but internationally it is quite simple to have automated checkin, and they just email you a boarding pass 2 days prior to the flight. Even if you don't purchase the ticket directly from ANA.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Seems awfully backwards.

I don't think I have flown ANA domestic, but internationally it is quite simple to have automated checkin, and they just email you a boarding pass 2 days prior to the flight. Even if you don't purchase the ticket directly from ANA.
Internationally, it Works for JAL as well. I would imagine the domestic situation is the same for ANA: No online check-in except for ANA issued tickets. However, I have not tried it ANA with a non ANA issued ticket.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: JL JGC
I have the same experience with other domestic airlines in Japan..
Agree that they should make it the same with non-JL & non-NH issued ticket, but I like the system overall since both NH & JL does automated check-in as long as I booked with them and have chosen my seat (majority of japanese customers use their card/mobile wallet to board anyway). Allows me to go to security ~15 min before departure.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:32 am
Suspended

i reckon the domestic situation has to do with them using a japanese system in the past.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Domestic is streamlined for same metal tickets (JAL/ANA issued and flown tickets), since 99% of the passengers use that.
As alreadty mentioned, there are check in counters (way too many IMHO), so the title of " no checkin counter at haneda domestic" is misleading and alarming.
*Same situation with US legacy airlines and different ticketing carrier tickets, by the way.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Domestic is streamlined for same metal tickets (JAL/ANA issued and flown tickets), since 99% of the passengers use that.
As alreadty mentioned, there are check in counters (way too many IMHO), so the title of " no checkin counter at haneda domestic" is misleading and alarming.
*Same situation with US legacy airlines and different ticketing carrier tickets, by the way.
You mean if you buy a ticket on DL stock for AS metal (back when that was happening) you would have issues checking in? Never experienced that. You just go to the operating carrier. You can even get precheck!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by s0ssos
You mean if you buy a ticket on DL stock for AS metal (back when that was happening) you would have issues checking in? Never experienced that. You just go to the operating carrier. You can even get precheck!
but you get crappy security n need to checkin 1.5-2 hrs ahead if you fly DL or AS Even if u ticket their own metal. In japan 30 is more than enough and usually 20 mins is ok!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:12 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
i reckon the domestic situation has to do with them using a japanese system in the past.
It is still using the same old system. Migration won’t complete till end of March

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.