Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JFK lounge service switched from AF to LH (except for PY pax)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK lounge service switched from AF to LH (except for PY pax)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
I saw that sign too and thought it a little suspect. It indicates beer and wine are available but not spirits.
And agree, LH F lounge (as a JL lounge) is highly uninspiring.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by flyaxa
I saw that sign too and thought it a little suspect. It indicates beer and wine are available but not spirits.
And agree, LH F lounge (as a JL lounge) is highly uninspiring.
The day I was there, there was no exception for beer and wine.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:38 pm

Was there first week of November, and didn't notice any sign (didn't look), but, though didn't partake in an adult beverage on this trip, I did see many others with, what appeared, to be assorted wine & champagne. As others have mentioned, at least during my visit, a very underwhelming experience.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Visconti
Was there first week of November, and didn't notice any sign (didn't look), but, though didn't partake in an adult beverage on this trip, I did see many others with, what appeared, to be assorted wine & champagne. As others have mentioned, at least during my visit, a very underwhelming experience.
I took a picture the sign but I can't seem to upload it here. It's from Oct 30.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
AF lounge has reopened, but appears JAL has completely severed the lounge arrangement with them.

Was first in the shower room this morning. Pretty clean overall, but did notice hairs in the corners like it wasn’t a very thorough cleaning. Shower showers are always a mandatory item in any public shower, imo. Temperature remained cool in the changing area with cold air blowing in. Also noticed that the weekly shower room check sheet was completely blank, yet had the current week on it.

For those wondering about other lounge options at JFK, BA lounge dragon denied entry because I wasn’t departing from T7. ANA pax, on the other hand, according to him would have been welcome. Nice OneWorld love there...
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rustykettel
AF lounge has reopened, but appears JAL has completely severed the lounge arrangement with them.

Was first in the shower room this morning. Pretty clean overall, but did notice hairs in the corners like it wasn’t a very thorough cleaning. Shower showers are always a mandatory item in any public shower, imo. Temperature remained cool in the changing area with cold air blowing in. Also noticed that the weekly shower room check sheet was completely blank, yet had the current week on it.

For those wondering about other lounge options at JFK, BA lounge dragon denied entry because I wasn’t departing from T7. ANA pax, on the other hand, according to him would have been welcome. Nice OneWorld love there...
ANA uses the BA lounges as contract lounges iat JFK. So it is hardly surprising that ANA passengers are welcome.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
ANA uses the BA lounges as contract lounges iat JFK. So it is hardly surprising that ANA passengers are welcome.
No, not surprised that they are welcome, more that the lounge dragon specifically mentioned them when denying access to one of BA’s OneWorld partner airlines.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
JAL website currently indicates F passengers and JMB Diamond (OneWorld Emerald) have access to LH Senator Lounge. Where all lounge access passengers have access to AZ Michelangelo Lounge. Has anybody been to AZ lounge?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It does not sound promising....

https://onemileatatime.com/alitalia-lounge-new-york-jfk-review/
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
JAL website currently indicates F passengers and JMB Diamond (OneWorld Emerald) have access to LH Senator Lounge. Where all lounge access passengers have access to AZ Michelangelo Lounge. Has anybody been to AZ lounge?
I haven't been there myself but according to my non-frequent traveling friend (who usually enjoys everything in her trip), the AZ lounge is "a nightmare" and "avoid at all cost"...
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Reporting from LH Senator Lounge, was told that only beer, wine, and Champaign are available before12 noon, and no liquors are available before 12 noon. Over at AZ Michelangelo Lounge standard liquor selections are available self serve before 12 noon. Yes, AZ Michelangelo Lounge ain't going to win any airline lounge award, food are far better at LH Senator Lounge, but I will not say AZ Michelangelo Lounge is horrible, still better than spending time at a gate area.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
I'm wondering if this is a licensing issue. JAL only has a beer/wine license, but once noon hits LH 's full liquor license kicks in.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Reporting from LH Senator Lounge, was told that only beer, wine, and Champaign are available before12 noon, and no liquors are available before 12 noon. Over at AZ Michelangelo Lounge standard liquor selections are available self serve before 12 noon. Yes, AZ Michelangelo Lounge ain't going to win any airline lounge award, food are far better at LH Senator Lounge, but I will not say AZ Michelangelo Lounge is horrible, still better than spending time at a gate area.
I think spending time at the lounge area are fine. I wasn't 21 so I got an food voucher, walked to the starbucks right across the JL gate, and bought 2 drinks and 2 food and a box of peppermint. Totally fine for me because in the lounge I will fave the same thing, and starbucks serve better coffee, and it is just across the gate.

()
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:53 pm

Business/OWE. Which is better for breakfast? Flying on JL3. On a side note, any mcdonald airside? That could be a better place to grab a substantial breakfast coming off a fliggr at 7
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Finally doing some reading on JFK lounge options. Wish JL flew out of T8
Assimilated Cajun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.