Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Limited Days of the Week Awards for 2018: gone?

Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF LTP, LH Sen, M Amb

Hi there! Limited Days of the Week Awards are only bookable by 31/03/2018. JAL hasn't extended the promotion for the rest of 2018 so far. I'm wondering if JAL is going to discontinue it. Did anyone heard something about?
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/121campaign/weekly_discount/

This year I was able to book tickets under the promotion in February for late December travel, so it was open like 10 month out.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Just in case anyone else is interested in, Limited Days Awards in business are back. Kinda. They are back for flights starting March 25, 2018, though not bookable. At least for the route I'm checking (NRT-DME) there is not a single date in summer schedule with award space, all flights (either standard awards or limited days awards) are for waitlist only.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by urww
Just in case anyone else is interested in, Limited Days Awards in business are back. Kinda. They are back for flights starting March 25, 2018, though not bookable. At least for the route I'm checking (NRT-DME) there is not a single date in summer schedule with award space, all flights (either standard awards or limited days awards) are for waitlist only.
Note that there is a soccer world cup in Russia this summer. Japan is participating.
Looking for award tickets now is simply too late....
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Note that there is a soccer world cup in Russia this summer. Japan is participating.
I need the other way around and for the dates in April. It would be a bit to early to come to Russia for a cup 2 months in advance .

It simply looks like JL didn't load award inventory on this route (maybe other as well) for the summer schedule. I don't have a track record for JL, maybe it's common for them to load it a little later. Last year I booked 2 seats in February for flights in December, there was plenty of confirmable award space.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by urww
I need the other way around and for the dates in April. It would be a bit to early to come to Russia for a cup 2 months in advance .

It simply looks like JL didn't load award inventory on this route (maybe other as well) for the summer schedule. I don't have a track record for JL, maybe it's common for them to load it a little later. Last year I booked 2 seats in February for flights in December, there was plenty of confirmable award space.
Note that April is sakura season in Japan, and golden week too, so it is a very high tourist season both inbound and outbound.

However, DME-NRT-DME for 60k JMB miles (limited weekdays rate), business class 2 seats are available on departure dates 4/2, 4/9, 4/16 and 4/18, returns available for 4/6, 4/20 only. More if your are looking just for one business class seat.
I haven't bothered with economy class.
A DME-NRT-DME trip for 2nd-6th April, or 9th/16th-20th for two could be an option.

Last edited by Tokyoite; Jan 31, 2018 at 9:56 am
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Well... Tokyoite, thank you very much for taking time and having a look. Your help is very much appreciated.

Because my JMB account has residence address in Russia JAL makes me book an award from JAL Russia website (that was recently updated and borderline unusable now). When I checked availability I saw completely different picture than you - all flights were marked as Waitlist. Now I realised it's a feature of a JAL website (at least Russia edition). If let's say you're looking for DME-NRT 4/9 (and seats available) and NRT-DME 5/9 (and seats only Waitlist) the calendar shows you as all dates Waitlist.

So indeed the award seats are released and there are a few dates in April and May with confirmable space.

Thank you again .
Tokyoite likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.