Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Seat Map Shows All Seats Suitable for Babies Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!

Hey folks!
New to JAL.
I'm looking at booking TPE-NRT-YVR in February.
The TPE-NRT sector will allow seat selection.
But when I click over to the NRT-YVR segment, the entire coach cabin shows a baby face on every seat. Except for a handful, maybe fewer than ten seats, which show the occupied "X" indication.

Does anyone know what is up with this?
I thought that maybe I was booking too low a fare class to reserve a seat, but JAL's website indicates that all fare classes can book advanced seat reservations.
I'm concerned that this is some bizarre way to indicate that the plane is fully booked, and that if I buy a ticket on the flight, I'll be bumped.

Thanks!
Legend
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:06 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Legend717
Hey folks!
New to JAL.
I'm looking at booking TPE-NRT-YVR in February.
The TPE-NRT sector will allow seat selection.
But when I click over to the NRT-YVR segment, the entire coach cabin shows a baby face on every seat. Except for a handful, maybe fewer than ten seats, which show the occupied "X" indication.

Does anyone know what is up with this?
I thought that maybe I was booking too low a fare class to reserve a seat, but JAL's website indicates that all fare classes can book advanced seat reservations.
I'm concerned that this is some bizarre way to indicate that the plane is fully booked, and that if I buy a ticket on the flight, I'll be bumped.

Thanks!
Legend
not all fares are eligible for advanced seat selection. But baby head on seat map are available seats which are suitable for passengers with infants, I.e. you should be able to select them.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Doesnt mean there is an infant, but rather that it is not restricted for passengers with babies/kids (i.e., you can select it even if you have kids).
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Thank you for the answers!
The thing is, I CAN'T select them.
The cabin is full of them, except for those ten-ish X's... surely the plane isn't only booked to ten passengers, this close in?
And I can't select a seat even if I switch to full Y fares.... in spite of being able to select a seat for the previous leg in the same itinerary.

What gives?!?! LOL!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I would not worry about being bumped if you book, I would rather think it is a website glitch. Have you checked the date on expertflyer? The free log in can show you what is taken and what is blocked, even if no direct link to actual load.
​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.