Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL invests in supersonic aircraft development

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:40 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201712/004519.html

JAL has invested USD10M in this start up and has rights to reserve up to 20 aircrafts as pre-orders.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I will start saving up miles for a super sonic flight.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I will start saving up miles for a super sonic flight.
The award seats will be grAAbbed in the same super sonic speed
Old Dec 5, 2017, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
The award seats will be grAAbbed in the same super sonic speed
We can hope for a bit of JMB priority....
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

We can hope for a bit of JMB priority....
you can’t beat the grAAbers and grASpers But I would assume the supersonic award will also be super expensive too given the high cost and limited space. Would be funny if this is for HND-ITM LOL
Old Dec 5, 2017, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you can’t beat the grAAbers and grASpers But I would assume the supersonic award will also be super expensive too given the high cost and limited space. Would be funny if this is for HND-ITM LOL
Well, let's first see how well development of Boom goes.... And when either Boeing or Airbus aquire them.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Well, let's first see how well development of Boom goes.... And when either Boeing or Airbus aquire them.
that’s just not a good name. You don’t want your plane to go boom LOL but I wonder why JL though. Out of all those airlines, wouldn’t partnering with a Us based carrier would be better? They have so much more routes than jL which probably would give them more options and data.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

that’s just not a good name. You don’t want your plane to go boom LOL but I wonder why JL though. Out of all those airlines, wouldn’t partnering with a Us based carrier would be better? They have so much more routes than jL which probably would give them more options and data.
I don't think a 55 seat super sonic aircraft fits in to their business models. Would it by contract need to go to Envoy for AA?

And probably as a start up it is not easy to get the ear of the US 3. I think it makes sense to go for a company that does have a clear premium strategy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.