Best economy seats 77W

Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Best economy seats 77W

What are the best (or worst) economy seats on the 777-300er?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by werDrD
What are the best (or worst) economy seats on the 777-300er?
I generally prefer rows 45 and 23. Though the 29 double seat is not bad either.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I generally prefer rows 45 and 23. Though the 29 double seat is not bad either.
Appreciate you could direct me in the direction on finding out more about the economy seat on JL 38 and 6. I cant seem to find out if the economy are the hard shell like that of ANA and CX. Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2018, 3:41 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Keflyer
Appreciate you could direct me in the direction on finding out more about the economy seat on JL 38 and 6. I cant seem to find out if the economy are the hard shell like that of ANA and CX. Thanks!
its not.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
JAL's homepage has all the information you need.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
JL 38 is a 772, not a 773 (77W). Seatmap below. JL is a 773 (77W), and the seat maps are well published on JAL website (there is only one version of the 77W)
[KVS Tool 8.7.7/Diamond - Seat Map: 01 Mar 2018/JL 38/SIN-HND/772/Y-Economy]
Code:
     A      B      C           D      E      F      G           H      K      
23   -XI    +X     -           +X     -XI    -XI    +X          +X     -XI    [=]
24   -      +      +           -      +      +      -           +      +
25   -      +      +           +      +      +      +           -      +
26   +      +      +           -      +      +      -           -      -
27   +      +      -           -      +      +      +           -      -      [L]
45   -E     +E     +E                                           +      -      [>] [G]
46   -      +      -           +X     +XI    +XI    +X          -      -      [=]
47   +      +      +           +XV    +XV    +XV    +XV         -      -
48   +      +      +           +      +      +      +           -      -
49   +      +      +           +      +      +      +           -      -
50   +      +      +           +      +      +      +           -      +
51   +      +      +           +      +      +      +           -      -
52   +      +      +           +      +      +      +           -      -
53   +      +      +           +      +      +      +           -      -
54   -      -      +X          +X     +X     +X     +X          +X     +X
55   +      +      +           +      +      +      +           +      +
56   -             -           +      +             +           +      +
57   +             +           +X     +X            +X          +      +      [L] [G]

[+] Available     [-] Unavailable    [X] Blocked         
[E] Elite         [P] Premium        [$] Chargeable      
[R] Rear-Facing   [%] Recline Limit  [I] Infant Bassinet
[V] Keep Vacant   [F] Crew           [M] Missing Window  
[>] Exit Row      [W] Wing Row       [=] Bulkhead Row    
[L] Lavatory      [G] Galley         [C] Closet/Storage  
[ ] Aisle         [^] Upper Deck     [S] Stairs
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak

its not.
Thank you! I did alittle more digging and thePointguy had a review about it in 2016. Appreciate the reply. Contemplating a trip on JL 38/6 back to the US in economy as business can hardly be found either on JL or CX.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 5:44 pm

JAL's homepage has all the information you need.
Thank you! I did go to the home page but cant seem find the infor. Nevertheless,I did find thepointguy's review on it and it seems good. I find the hard shell on CX which just slight instead of a true recline very uncomfortable for my back. Tried it once and I try to avoid if possible for long flight.

Last edited by Keflyer; Feb 6, 2018 at 5:50 pm
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you! I did go to the home page but cant seem find the infor. Nevertheless,I did find thepointguy's review on it and it seems good. I find the hard shell on CX which just slight instead of a true recline very uncomfortable for my back. Tried it once and I try to avoid if possible for long flight.
That seas type disappeared from CX pretty quickly again . It remsined on their few 747-400 for a longer period, but i tjink they are retirer by now. JL never had the shell seats in economy, but they do in premium economy
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:52 pm

That seas type disappeared from CX pretty quickly again . It remsined on their few 747-400 for a longer period, but i tjink they are retirer by now. JL never had the shell seats in economy, but they do in premium economy
Good to know. Managed to put on hold an economy seat on JL 38/6 - sister-in-law and brother commented that the economy seat on JL from SIN to Hokkaido was tight.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know. Managed to put on hold an economy seat on JL 38/6 - sister-in-law and brother commented that the economy seat on JL from SIN to Hokkaido was tight.
The domestic seats are more compact than the international. The Singapore to Tokyo seats are definitely not tight.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:06 am

The domestic seats are more compact than the international. The Singapore to Tokyo seats are definitely not tight.
I havent flown Japan Airlines in a long time and I fly only twice a year unlike many well heeled individuals on this site who travels the world and often.
So I am very grateful to be able to get feedback and information to help make my travel abit less stressful and abit more comfortable if possible especially as I get older .
Having said that, when I flew on Japan Airlines 10 years back - haha.. _ I did find it abit tight SFO - NRT - SIN. But I did like the amt of cushion it had. So with the new seat, it will be interesting to find out if it will be as comfortable as the old seat I have experienced before. But I will keep an eye out for the CX business class back to the US.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I havent flown Japan Airlines in a long time and I fly only twice a year unlike many well heeled individuals on this site who travels the world and often.
So I am very grateful to be able to get feedback and information to help make my travel abit less stressful and abit more comfortable if possible especially as I get older .
Having said that, when I flew on Japan Airlines 10 years back - haha.. _ I did find it abit tight SFO - NRT - SIN. But I did like the amt of cushion it had. So with the new seat, it will be interesting to find out if it will be as comfortable as the old seat I have experienced before. But I will keep an eye out for the CX business class back to the US.
On the 77W and the updated international 777-200, JAL is still doing 3-3-3 and with a pitch of 34". All 787 are 2-4-2, and the newer configurations are also 34". Domestic 777 are 3-4-3 in economy, so they are a different beast than the international flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.