Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:18 pm
mjm
Original Member

Deleted
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:47 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Award ticket, you'll have to wait for OLCI for a window seat.

NRT ORD is also a 77W.
nope, there are 787 flights on NRT-ORD. Don’t forget about the additional ones JL operates
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak

nope, there are 787 flights on NRT-ORD. Don’t forget about the additional ones JL operates
True, I forgot those again....
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
My 10 year old son and I currently have 7D and 7G on the 788 with rows 1-3 and 7-8 (NRT-SEA). Only 1D and 8G are currently available as alternatives (we're on an award).

I'm concerned about the proximity of the lavatory to 7G and am considering taking 8G and keeping my son in 7D so I can (sort of) keep an eye on him.

Should we be concerned about the lavatory?

Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by work2fly
My 10 year old son and I currently have 7D and 7G on the 788 with rows 1-3 and 7-8 (NRT-SEA). Only 1D and 8G are currently available as alternatives (we're on an award).

I'm concerned about the proximity of the lavatory to 7G and am considering taking 8G and keeping my son in 7D so I can (sort of) keep an eye on him.

Should we be concerned about the lavatory?

Thanks!
I would not be too worried about the lavatory. proximity. The route is operated with the Apex suites, you will not really be able to keep an eye on your son without getting out of your seat if you move to row 8. And he certainly will need to get out of his seat to see you if you are in row 8.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I would not be too worried about the lavatory. proximity. The route is operated with the Apex suites, you will not really be able to keep an eye on your son without getting out of your seat if you move to row 8. And he certainly will need to get out of his seat to see you if you are in row 8.
Thanks.

Looking closely at the seat map image on JAL's website, it appears the lavatory door is facing the front of the aircraft, next to the exit door. This seems much more tolerable than if the door opened right next to the curtain.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
Thanks.

Looking closely at the seat map image on JAL's website, it appears the lavatory door is facing the front of the aircraft, next to the exit door. This seems much more tolerable than if the door opened right next to the curtain.
That is true, it opens forward, in to the space by the exit door.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:18 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Can anyone tell me which seats in the front J cabin of the 789, both sky suite and sky suite III, ( I am on both versions HEL(HND)SYD), have two full windows where I am in total control of them and not at the mercy of person in front or behind deciding whether they stay bright or dark? I currently have the whole cabin open to me on both sectors and I have chosen 2A Sky Suite and 3A Sky Suite III.

Thanks for any help
CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jan 26, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Old Jan 26, 2022, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Can anyone tell me which seats in the front J cabin of the 789, both sky suite and sky suite III, ( I am on both versions HEL(HND)SYD), have two full windows where I am in total control of them and not at the mercy of person in front or behind deciding whether they stay bright or dark? I currently have the whole cabin open to me on both sectors and I have chosen 2A Sky Suite and 3A Sky Suite III.

Thanks for any help
CJ
Each Sky Suite III basically only gets you one window. Sky Suite, any window seat will meet your window requirements.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Each Sky Suite III basically only gets you one window. Sky Suite, any window seat will meet your window requirements.
Thanks. That's great info. While I'm at it, are my chosen seats good for being quiet ones. I read rear J galley on the 789 is used very little and mainly used for inflight snack bar, true?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k - UA Premier Gold - AA Platinum Pro
I'm trying to find the right answer here, but I can't tell if some of these responses apply to my flight.

I'm on HND > BKK in the 787, with rows 1-3 and 7-8.

I'm currently in 8A but 7A and 3A are also open. Looking at seat guru doesn't tell me much other than the noise in 3A might be bad.

Any suggestions?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:46 am

Programs: QF P1 LTG SQ PPS IHG Diamond Elite
Avoid avoid avoid the J seats (Skysuite III) on the 787-9 at all costs
The worst lie flat I have ever flown across most One World and Star Alliance carriers.
A red eye fro SIN to HND (JL 36) was unbearable
Coffin like
Narrow footwell
What were they thinking?
Interestingly the NRT flight has the older but much more comfortable seats on the 787-8
The return flight JL37 is a day flight so may be more bearable
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by ianassum
Avoid avoid avoid the J seats (Skysuite III) on the 787-9 at all costs
The worst lie flat I have ever flown across most One World and Star Alliance carriers.
A red eye fro SIN to HND (JL 36) was unbearable
Coffin like
Narrow footwell
What were they thinking?
Interestingly the NRT flight has the older but much more comfortable seats on the 787-8
The return flight JL37 is a day flight so may be more bearable
Not very helpful as it pertains to my question, but I appreciate the input!

Unrelated, this could be built into a pretty decent haiku if you workshopped it a bit:

Coffin like
Narrow footwell
What were they thinking?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by ShutUpDonnie
I'm trying to find the right answer here, but I can't tell if some of these responses apply to my flight.

I'm on HND > BKK in the 787, with rows 1-3 and 7-8.

I'm currently in 8A but 7A and 3A are also open. Looking at seat guru doesn't tell me much other than the noise in 3A might be bad.

Any suggestions?

Try checking out the seat maps at aerolopa dot com. The seat illustrations are a lot better than the ones at seatguru. It won't show you seats in yellow or red but you'll be able to make a better judgement on seat placement with aerolopa.
goldengate likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by xjaehyun
Try checking out the seat maps at aerolopa dot com. The seat illustrations are a lot better than the ones at seatguru. It won't show you seats in yellow or red but you'll be able to make a better judgement on seat placement with aerolopa.
Oh, great! This is super helpful. I've heard the first cabin is best but I was weary of picking 3K because of the closeness to the lavs. But looking at this diagram, it looks like it might not be that bad.

Thank you! Great tool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.