Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Still no FOP bonus extension announcement for 2018?

Old Nov 24, 2017, 2:50 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

JAL usually announces the FOP bonus announcement in early Nov. Not it's almost Dec and it still has yet to announce the extension. Wonder if it's because of the migration or JL finally changing/discontinuing the campaign. Believe the similar boarding points on NH is not a campaign right?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
JAL usually announces the FOP bonus announcement in early Nov. Not it's almost Dec and it still has yet to announce the extension. Wonder if it's because of the migration or JL finally changing/discontinuing the campaign. Believe the similar boarding points on NH is not a campaign right?
I would guess they are maybe busy with the transition.

On the other hand, maybe they are starting to think about curtailing the very high number of elites they have. Though I don't really think these 400 points per flight is what generates a lot of that. JGC does....
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would guess they are maybe busy with the transition.

On the other hand, maybe they are starting to think about curtailing the very high number of elites they have. Though I don't really think these 400 points per flight is what generates a lot of that. JGC does....
Those JEP and Yokoso with extra 400 FOPs helps a bit for overseas visitors. They should just revert back to the old system which you still have to fly certain amount to maintain ow sapphire then a lot of free riders will go I guess if they don't renew the FOP bonus campaign, then the 2x FOPs one won't be extended either.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The 2xFOP campaign is probably far worse in terms of generating elites. Is JAL struggling in the domestic market, and thus hoping to make it more attractive to fly JAL via easier access to status?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

The 2xFOP campaign is probably far worse in terms of generating elites. Is JAL struggling in the domestic market, and thus hoping to make it more attractive to fly JAL via easier access to status?
they were but this past year the traffic data has improved quite a bit. Not sure if it’s due to JEP, 2x FOP, free wi fi, or the influx of refugees from other programs that recently got devalued or “enhanced” doing status runs.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The extension of the boarding points, the double FOP for selected months, and the card holders first flight bonus just ticked in to my mail box. So all back to normal...

Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:26 am
Original Poster

The extension of the boarding points, the double FOP for selected months, and the card holders first flight bonus just ticked in to my mail box. So all back to normal...

Even the 2x FOP Not sure if I want to do a 2 HND-ISG r/t on a single day again though LOL Glad that I moved my trip so half of it will get credited to next year to give me a head start so that I can avoid the torture (and JL sent me a targeted bonus promotion too )
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:34 am
Original Poster

OK, they did NOT extend it @CPH-Flyer! They removed all references of extension and now this 400/200 FOP bonus is a permanent bonus

期間を設けず、常にご利用いただけるようになりました。

And the campaign page (http://jal.co.jp/121campaign/flyon_bonus/) now gets redirected to the FOP 101 page
kaka likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, they did NOT extend it @CPH-Flyer! They removed all references of extension and now this 400/200 FOP bonus is a permanent bonus

And the campaign page (http://jal.co.jp/121campaign/flyon_bonus/) now gets redirected to the FOP 101 page
Yeah, I scanned my email a bit too quickly. I did not notice the part about no period any longer.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:02 am

You got mail about it? Strange I didn't get any...
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALlover
You got mail about it? Strange I didn't get any...
Diamond and JGC Premier Cyberflash for the Japanese market. Do you subscribe to all of their newsletters?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Diamond and JGC Premier Cyberflash for the Japanese market. Do you subscribe to all of their newsletters?
Why only JMB Diamond and JGCP? No love for Sapphire and Crystal?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why only JMB Diamond and JGCP? No love for Sapphire and Crystal?
I would guess they get a similar mail, except the one or two offers that are specific to the two higher levels.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:53 am

Ah..Japanese market. No wonder I didn't get it. Haven't signed up.

Think I will need to dig around then for the subscription link
Old Nov 28, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: JL OW Sapphire, NH *A Gold
Still no announcement for "International Award Tickets for Limited Days of the Week"?

No chance to book in this Month before surcharge goes up...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.