Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL booked through BA with avios economy class

Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering what class of economy a fare booked on BA with avios would be. This is for JAL 61(lax to nrt). Mainly concerned with not being able to pick a seat until <72 hrs if it's Q or similar.

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: JL QF NZ
It's booked in T, the same as all economy class international award tickets on JL. FWIW, Q allows seat selection in any case, as does T.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Awesome thanks for the quick reply!

For reference I got my info about Q from this link:
milecards.com/1588434841/what-to-expect-flying-japan-airlines-in-economy-class/#fare-classes-that-dont-allow-seat-assignments
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: JL QF NZ
Originally Posted by Dudemanguy
Awesome thanks for the quick reply!

For reference I got my info about Q from this link:
milecards.com/1588434841/what-to-expect-flying-japan-airlines-in-economy-class/#fare-classes-that-dont-allow-seat-assignments
No problem! ^

Not sure where the person who made that page got his/her info from, but Q class can definitely be assigned a seat anytime. Award bookings though, definitely no problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.