Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
Below are some of the new changes:
  • URL changes to use subdomain of jal.co.jp instead of jal.com, e.g. from ar.jal.com to ar.jal.co.jp
  • True multi city booking capability with option to select premium economy as class of service: http://www.ar.jal.co.jp/arl/en/booking/freedom/
  • More routing options with drop-down menus, e.g. now able to select from US to Australia
  • OLCI now redirects to Amadeus website
Print Wikipost

Overseas website updates on Nov 16 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:43 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Overseas website updates on Nov 16 2017

At the same time of the Amadeus migration, JAL is also making changes to its overseas website. Previously overseas sites used subdomains of jal.com, e.g. ar.jal.com. After the change, all overseas sites will use the jal.co.jp subdomains instead, e.g. ar.jal.co.jp.

Also, the interface has been updated as well. Other than minor changes to manage reservation and JMB login tabs, most noticeable change is now the booking UI will use drop-down menus and you will have the capability to book flights to more routings. E.g. previously you can't book flights from US to Australia and now at least you can select that on the front page. Whether the engine will return anything is a different story. Guess we will have to wait for few more hours to find out

There should be more changes coming once the systems are back online.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
At the same time of the Amadeus migration, JAL is also making changes to its overseas website. Previously overseas sites used subdomains of jal.com, e.g. ar.jal.com. After the change, all overseas sites will use the jal.co.jp subdomains instead, e.g. ar.jal.co.jp.

Also, the interface has been updated as well. Other than minor changes to manage reservation and JMB login tabs, most noticeable change is now the booking UI will use drop-down menus and you will have the capability to book flights to more routings. E.g. previously you can't book flights from US to Australia and now at least you can select that on the front page. Whether the engine will return anything is a different story. Guess we will have to wait for few more hours to find out

There should be more changes coming once the systems are back online.
Well, all the award space is gone from BA and Alaska websites now...
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doublejade
Well, all the award space is gone from BA and Alaska websites now...
that has to do with the Amadeus migration, not the website update. But would be nice if it would just stay that way forever
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Finally a true multi city booking page!

http://www.ar.jal.co.jp/arl/en/booking/freedom/
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

OLCI now redirects you to Amadeus website: https://checkin.si.amadeus.net/stati...identification Not sure if this is a temporary bug or not
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
that has to do with the Amadeus migration, not the website update. But would be nice if it would just stay that way forever
Hey! Where's the dislike button...

Finally a true multi city booking page!
Still locked into the drop down menu of cities on round trip/one way and can't select minor US cities even ones listed as origin/destinations on JAL's route map, but can use the freeform entry to enter them! But just returns an error message that the origin in not in the same country as the website and to change the region first, even though it is. Getting there..

Last edited by rustykettel; Nov 15, 2017 at 8:50 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
the annoying thing is when you finish the reservation process, or if i clicked home, it doesnt go back to the new homepage of the region. i goes to a page not found place under jal.com...
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaka
the annoying thing is when you finish the reservation process, or if i clicked home, it doesnt go back to the new homepage of the region. i goes to a page not found place under jal.com...
not just that, you can’t logout from JMB on the manager booking page. And that page has the same problem without a quit button to bring you back to the region top page.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Hey! Where's the dislike button...

Still locked into the drop down menu of cities on round trip/one way and can't select minor US cities even ones listed as origin/destinations on JAL's route map, but can use the freeform entry to enter them! But just returns an error message that the origin in not in the same country as the website and to change the region first, even though it is. Getting there..
but at least us-Australia works now haven’t tried my complicated MR itinerary though.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:17 pm

Hmm. The new interface for searching Partner Awards seems to be pretty poor. Maybe its just me.

On the old site, you could search for partner awards and click Next/Prev to find a date with availability. Under the new site, if their is no availability it returns an error and one is forced to go back and manually enter in a new date. Same behaviour with different partners - QF, CX etc

Am I missing something here? If not, this appears to be quite a regressive step in user interface!

This is on the American site.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:40 pm

Few things about the the new interface, it now allows you to book one way on partner awards. also they added qatar, srilanka, s7, finnair, iberia and bangkok airways. previously you need to call to book on these airlines. i agree with drb1979, the new interface is very poor. the inventory also does not match BA website. for example, hkg to jfk does not match with BA for CX. I am on the Japan site.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:48 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
tried from HK website - interesting, the seatmap now shows if a particular seat is occupied by passenger with infant like shown in seat 23A below.

Old Nov 17, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by fakecd
tried from HK website - interesting, the seatmap now shows if a particular seat is occupied by passenger with infant like shown in seat 23A below.
I don't remember about international flights. However, domestic seat maps in Japanese site have shown seats occupied with infant for long time.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i don't recall the occupied seat with infant was ever shown for international flights. granted i must admit i didn't pay much of an attention as today I was just trying to find new features.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:14 am
Original Poster

The multi city booking engine is completely useless...It only returns full fare J for my itinerary which I know there are lower fares available according to other search engines. That even applies to more simple itinerary with just a stopover!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.