FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   Will baggage be checked through to final destination when transit in NRT overnight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1877113-will-baggage-checked-through-final-destination-when-transit-nrt-overnight.html)

liveinsydney Nov 12, 17 5:20 am

Will baggage be checked through to final destination when transit in NRT overnight
 
Folks, sorry if this question was asked before.

I will be travelling JL from SYD to TPE via NRT.

JL772 arrives NRT at 17:00
JL805 depart NRT at 11:15 the following day.

Will I get two boarding passes in SYD and the baggage be checked through to TPE?

JALlover Nov 12, 17 6:36 am

Are you booked into one single PNR? If yes then you should be able to get your onward boarding pass as well

For your baggage, seems like you would need to collect it and recheck it again the next day

CPH-Flyer Nov 12, 17 7:14 am

One important thing to note, as the Narita is not a 24 hour airport you will need to leave airside and spend the night in Japan. You can't avoid doing immigration. Not sure about the flow of the luggage.

liveinsydney Nov 12, 17 7:47 am


Originally Posted by JALlover (Post 29050879)
Are you booked into one single PNR? If yes then you should be able to get your onward boarding pass as well

For your baggage, seems like you would need to collect it and recheck it again the next day

Thanks buddy. It's booked under one PNR. I would hope they can check my baggage to TPE but seems that's not the case.

liveinsydney Nov 12, 17 7:49 am


Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 29050956)
One important thing to note, as the Narita is not a 24 hour airport you will need to leave airside and spend the night in Japan. You can't avoid doing immigration. Not sure about the flow of the luggage.

Thanks CPH–Flyer. I have Hilton Narita booked.
Cheers.

JALPak Nov 12, 17 9:16 am

They can check your luggage through when requested. But that may depend on when you are going to travel as the upcoming Amadeus switch may suspend some of the check through.

liveinsydney Nov 12, 17 12:51 pm


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 29051256)
They can check your luggage through when requested. But that may depend on when you are going to travel as the upcoming Amadeus switch may suspend some of the check through.

Thanks JALPak. I'll be traveling on 15th Nov.:confused:

BA6501 Nov 12, 17 2:50 pm

That's (one day) before the changeover, you should be fine.

liveinsydney Nov 12, 17 4:12 pm


Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 29052436)
That's (one day) before the changeover, you should be fine.

Oh yeah!!!!! Thanks BA6501

777Cat3b Nov 12, 17 8:55 pm

Baggage can be checked through as NRT has a bonded storage for up to 24 hours.

Boarding pass is unlikely at SYD, and it has nothing to do with the Amadeus changeover. Most flights are not open for check-in more than 24 hours before departure, which it will be when you check in for JL772. But you never know your luck!

JALPak Nov 12, 17 8:59 pm


Originally Posted by BA6501 (Post 29052436)
That's (one day) before the changeover, you should be fine.

Which means his connecting flight is departing on day zero of the migration. Good luck LOL

liveinsydney Nov 12, 17 9:24 pm


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 29053403)
Which means his connecting flight is departing on day zero of the migration. Good luck LOL

Yep, the connecting flight to TPE will be on the system changeover day:mad::confused:

That's gonna be fun ???

JALPak Nov 12, 17 10:50 pm


Originally Posted by liveinsydney (Post 29053460)
Yep, the connecting flight to TPE will be on the system changeover day:mad::confused:

That's gonna be fun ???

Just get to the airport early and you should be fine. NRT should still be running the old system on that day.

It’s not the end of the world if you have to recheck your luggage. NRT custom is pretty efficient and you have hotel shuttle anyway.

liveinsydney Nov 12, 17 10:56 pm


Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 29053639)
Just get to the airport early and you should be fine. NRT should still be running the old system on that day.

It’s not the end of the world if you have to recheck your luggage. NRT custom is pretty efficient and you have hotel shuttle anyway.

Thanks JALPak, fingers crossed.

liveinsydney Nov 14, 17 7:22 pm

Report back, at the check-in counter, the option of whether the baggage would be checked through to the final destination was given.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:20 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.