Trying to buy a ONE-WAY ticket LAX-NRT

Old Nov 5, 17, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HawaiianMiles, AAdvantage, Asia Miles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Question Trying to buy a ONE-WAY ticket LAX-NRT

I would like to purchase a one-way ticket on JAL in business class from LAX-Tokyo, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that online. If I select "round-trip" I can choose the class: economy, business, first, etc. But when I select "one-way" there's only ONE class: economy. Is there a way to do this, or is it some strange JAL restriction?
Old Nov 6, 17, 2:40 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jayboo33 View Post
I would like to purchase a one-way ticket on JAL in business class from LAX-Tokyo, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do that online. If I select "round-trip" I can choose the class: economy, business, first, etc. But when I select "one-way" there's only ONE class: economy. Is there a way to do this, or is it some strange JAL restriction?
Last column on the result page is "Business one-way" fare
Old Nov 6, 17, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HawaiianMiles, AAdvantage, Asia Miles, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thank you!
Old Nov 6, 17, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jayboo33 View Post
If you will be paying out of your own pocket for this trip, note that it is sometimes cheaper to purchase miles directly from an airline, and redeem them for a Business Class award ticket -- assuming that a Business Class award seat is available on your desired date of travel. If you have been a member of AA's AAdvantage program for at least a month, you should be able to purchase AAdvantage miles now, on sale. But don't buy any miles unless and until you have been able to put a JL Business Class award seat on a complimentary hold by calling AA.
Old Nov 12, 17, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver, AAdvantage Gold
I am having the same issue with looking at a one way from Japan to US. I cant find anywhere to select business class??

If you book from US to Japan, you can select your class, but coming from Japan to US you cannot. Can anyone help?
Old Nov 12, 17, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
It is literally in the first step of the one way booking screen on both the English and Japanese language Japan region site.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/rsv_inter/

Originally Posted by DontlikeY View Post
I am having the same issue with looking at a one way from Japan to US. I cant find anywhere to select business class??

If you book from US to Japan, you can select your class, but coming from Japan to US you cannot. Can anyone help?
Old Nov 12, 17, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
It is literally in the first step of the one way booking screen on both the English and Japanese language Japan region site.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/rsv_inter/
Thank you. For those of us in the USA we are directed to this site:

http://www.ar.jal.com/arl/en/?country=ar

I will use the Japan/EN site instead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: