Is YVR-NRT-KIX even possible?

Old Sep 23, 17, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Is YVR-NRT-KIX even possible?

I’m looking at redeem some points for Vancouver to Japan next year I find availability between Vancouver and Narita but no availability between NRT and KIX… Does JAL ever open up that flight?

It seems that the only flights that open up are from Haneda. It seems strange that there is a forced transfer there although HND is a much more convenient airport to access Tokyo. I was planning a stopover in Tokyo anyhow but would rather not transfer both ways across Tokyo.

Also another question... I assume a transfer means our luggage wouldn’t go through on the return leg. On the way there I know it won’t as you need to clear immigration in Narita.
Old Sep 23, 17, 9:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, KE, NH, Hilton Diamond
Check YVR-LAX-KIX availability too. NRT-KIX traditionally has very little award availability.

You would have to pick up your luggage both ways.
Old Sep 23, 17, 9:55 pm

JL domestic flights don't become available for award booking until 60 (or possibly 90) days out.
Old Sep 23, 17, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr View Post
JL domestic flights don't become available for award booking until 60 (or possibly 90) days out.
This is not the case if you are booking a connection attached to an international leg. You can book domestic flights whenever you like in those circumstances.

Remember also that Osaka has another airport, Itami (ITM) so don't restrict your searches to KIX. But if you do go to KIX, be sure to take the special train to the city:

http://www.howto-osaka.com/en/rapit/
Old Sep 24, 17, 3:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Mergers and dispersal
This thread was originally posted in the BA forum but since it is about JL-operated flights, it has been moved to its rightful home which is the JL forum.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Sep 24, 17, 3:44 am

Programs: JL QF NZ
I don't think JAL has any flights between NRT and KIX. NRT and ITM though is possible.
Old Sep 24, 17, 4:41 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 777Cat3b View Post
I don't think JAL has any flights between NRT and KIX. NRT and ITM though is possible.
Indeed, JAL does not fly NRT KIX.

There is an 18:25 flight from Narita to Itami that should be doable as a connection from Vancouver. If you can't get awards, maybe you can attach a Japan Explorer Pass revenue ticket to your award. Not sure if the NRT ITM route is included.

As you anyway have to claim your luggage in Narita, a normal revenue ticket could work as well. Though a bit tight connection for my liking. On the way back, JAL does check luggage through on separate tickets.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Sep 24, 17 at 4:52 pm
Old Sep 24, 17, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Yup, two daily NRT-ITM and ITM-NRT flights, each timed to connect to/from North American departures and arrivals.
Old Sep 27, 17, 5:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Platinum
I've been looking for space as a CNX from Korea via NRT and no luck on any date, on-line at least.
Old Sep 27, 17, 6:07 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Altaflyer View Post
I've been looking for space as a CNX from Korea via NRT and no luck on any date, on-line at least.
JL doesn't even fly to CNX.
Old Sep 27, 17, 7:47 pm

Programs: MH, AC, AS
Originally Posted by Altaflyer View Post
As mentioned above, JL doesn't fly to CNX. Consider redeeming up to BKK and buy a cheap domestic ticket from there.
Old Sep 27, 17, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
JL doesn't even fly to CNX.
Originally Posted by SilverChris View Post
As mentioned above, JL doesn't fly to CNX. Consider redeeming up to BKK and buy a cheap domestic ticket from there.
I think OP may mean connection when he/she says CNX. If so, this may be due to the suspension of ICN-NRT from 25 March 2018. Click here for relevant post.
Old Sep 27, 17, 11:34 pm

Yes, connection . I already have ICN-NRT and just want the Osaka sector using Avios for travel at the end of Feb.
Old Sep 28, 17, 1:32 am

Have you tried GMP-HND-ITM? If you already have ICN-NRT and can't change it though, maybe get HND-ITM on avios. Will require a change of airports though. There are a lot HND-ITM flights, but only 2 NRT-ITM flights. There are 3 HND-KIX flights as well, but no NRT-KIX...unless you could JL codeshares operated by GK (Jetstar Japan).
Old Sep 28, 17, 9:30 am

Have you tried GMP-HND-ITM? If you already have ICN-NRT and can't change it though, maybe get HND-ITM on avios. Will require a change of airports though. There are a lot HND-ITM flights, but only 2 NRT-ITM flights. There are 3 HND-KIX flights as well, but no NRT-KIX...unless you could JL codeshares operated by GK (Jetstar Japan).
Lots of Avios options from HND but a pain to transfer. Current plan is to stay at the Hilton NRT and use the rail pass the next day (have to wait as only 7 days of pass to use). Could also buy the JAL tkt I suppose.