Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL at HND - is 2hrs enough for domestic to intl connection?

Old Aug 9, 17, 3:52 am
Original Poster

I will be flying in from Osaka, reaching HND at 8.40am and my flight to SIN is at 10.50am (on a Saturday). Both the flights are with JAL, but separate tickets.
Assuming there is no delay, will this be enough time to go through security and immigration? HND-SIN segment is on business class; will there be any fast-track lanes I can go through?

Also, can I check in and get the boarding pass for HND-SIN flight at Osaka?

Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 17, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by sktnyc View Post
I will be flying in from Osaka, reaching HND at 8.40am and my flight to SIN is at 10.50am (on a Saturday). Both the flights are with JAL, but separate tickets.
Assuming there is no delay, will this be enough time to go through security and immigration? HND-SIN segment is on business class; will there be any fast-track lanes I can go through?

Thanks.
JAL will check your luggage through on separate tickets. And you will be able to get your boarding pass in Itami. Just remember to go to the counter for international connections when checking in.

Time wise it is more than fine with two hours for the connection if there are no delays. Just remember that with two tickets your connection is not protected in case of a delay.

If you are JAL Emerald member, there is a fast track security. Otherwise not
Old Aug 9, 17, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I have no status with JAL.

I will not have any luggages; just my backpack.

As this will be the first flight of the day, I am hoping there will not be any delays on the ITM-HND flight.
Old Aug 9, 17, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Thanks. I have no status with JAL.

I will not have any luggages; just my backpack.

As this will be the first flight of the day, I am hoping there will not be any delays on the ITM-HND flight.
JAL is among the least delayed airlines in the world. So I would generally not expect a delay of a magnitude that would put your connection at a risk. But nothing is ever certain.
Old Aug 9, 17, 6:41 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
JAL is among the least delayed airlines in the world. So I would generally not expect a delay of a magnitude that would put your connection at a risk. But nothing is ever certain.
Weather and disaster for example
Old Aug 12, 17, 1:38 pm

Just to add to this. I have a 9:40am arrival (from ITM) to a 11:00am international flight at HND. It seems tight to me but the HND airport website says it is within their requirements.

I read that there is a fast track immigration at NRT for people with connecting flights. Is there one at HND?

Barring any delays, should I be concerned about a 1:20 transit at HND?
Old Aug 12, 17, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Watkin View Post
Just to add to this. I have a 9:40am arrival (from ITM) to a 11:00am international flight at HND. It seems tight to me but the HND airport website says it is within their requirements.

I read that there is a fast track immigration at NRT for people with connecting flights. Is there one at HND?

Barring any delays, should I be concerned about a 1:20 transit at HND?
You will not have a lot of spare time but it should be fine. Follow the signs for international connections on arrival in the domestic terminal.

Depending on the aircraft size boarding starts 30 or 20 minutes before an international departure.
Old Aug 13, 17, 3:40 am

Programs: QFF

Thanks.
Is this ITM-HND JL104 / HND-SIN JL37?
I've done that connection a number of times without issue.
Last time, I even had enough time to deal with tax free shopping receipts at customs and about 20 mins in the lounge.
Old Aug 14, 17, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Yes, those are the flights. Thanks for the assurance. Will be nice if I can visit the lounge.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: