FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank-513/)
-   -   JAL to switch to dnata Lounge at SIN from Jul 27 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-airlines-jal-mileage-bank/1853943-jal-switch-dnata-lounge-sin-jul-27-2017-a.html)

JALPak Jul 14, 2017 11:57 pm

JAL to switch to dnata Lounge at SIN from Jul 27 2017

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/170712_2.html

Currently JL uses SATS Premier Club Lounge at SIN. Starting from JL712 on Jul 27 2017, JL will switch to dnata Lounge. A special curry and other hot meals including local Singaporean food will be served. Hudsons Coffee and shower facilities are available.

lcpteck Jul 15, 2017 12:37 am

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 28562533)
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/170712_2.html

Currently JL uses SATS Premier Club Lounge at SIN. Starting from JL712 on Jul 27 2017, JL will switch to dnata Lounge. A special curry and other hot meals including local Singaporean food will be served. Hudsons Coffee and shower facilities are available.

dnata Lounge is mostly used by the ME3s and Priority Pass members. Small offerings but is pretty okay. Lounge is on the smaller size compared to the previous SATS but at least there's 2 shower stalls available for use.

Himeno Jul 15, 2017 1:25 am

The SATS lounge is between the BA and QF lounges.
Is the dnata lounge the old joint CX/dnata SkyView Lounge?

Does this mean that JL is changing their SIN ground services contract from SATS to dnata? If so, does that mean other things are changing, such as access to the early check in/immigration lounge?

lcpteck Jul 15, 2017 4:35 am

I forgot that JL departs from Terminal 1 in SIN... I have not flown JL ex-SIN before.

The dnata lounge in T1 is the one that CX uses. The old Skyview lounge is no more. You can google for reviews and such.

kaka Jul 16, 2017 2:29 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 28562999)
I forgot that JL departs from Terminal 1 in SIN... I have not flown JL ex-SIN before.

The dnata lounge in T1 is the one that CX uses. The old Skyview lounge is no more. You can google for reviews and such.

yes but cx is moving to t4 "soon" and will have their own lounge there.

lcpteck Jul 16, 2017 3:08 am

Originally Posted by kaka (Post 28565888)
yes but cx is moving to t4 "soon" and will have their own lounge there.

Considering CX have numerous flights ex-SIN, I'm sure they will open a Lounge in line with the ones in HKG.

JL only have 3 flights per day (2 HND and 1 NRT).

jackrussellterrier Jul 16, 2017 3:47 am

I was in Dnata lounge last Friday before a Cathay flight. With Cathay and Air Asia - another T1- T4 customer moving in October, the footfall should drop although until then I think it might be busy for the morning departure to NRT. It was perfectly ok once the CX flight to HKG left and I had a reasonable lunch as my flight was delayed. For the 21.50 JAL departure, those with status or J class can still use BA or QF which are overall nicer.

Reikon Jul 16, 2017 11:14 am

Just use the QF lounge in the same terminal. It's very nice for a J lounge.

CPH-Flyer Jul 16, 2017 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Reikon (Post 28567004)
Just use the QF lounge in the same terminal. It's very nice for a J lounge.

For the late JAL departure, the QF lounge closes too early. The lounge closes well before the 01:30 boarding time. One could of course go lounge hopping, and move. But at that time of day, it might be preferable to just be in one location.

Himeno Jul 17, 2017 1:11 am

The QF SIN lounge gets quite busy in the evening when the bulk of the QF flights depart.

The last BA and QF flights are BA12 and QF6 and both lounges are closed by 2330.

Reikon Jul 17, 2017 1:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 28568034)
For the late JAL departure, the QF lounge closes too early. The lounge closes well before the 01:30 boarding time. One could of course go lounge hopping, and move. But at that time of day, it might be preferable to just be in one location.

Last time I was there, it was open until 12 or 12:30. I was on that late flight but I arrived fairly early at the airport because I had nothing else to do, so it was well worth switching lounges since it was much much better than any contract lounge I've been to at SIN.

CPH-Flyer Jul 17, 2017 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Reikon (Post 28569389)
Last time I was there, it was open until 12 or 12:30. I was on that late flight but I arrived fairly early at the airport because I had nothing else to do, so it was well worth switching lounges since it was much much better than any contract lounge I've been to at SIN.

I have experienced the QF open until the same time as you mention, I wonder if it was due to QF6 departing later (daylight saving time period in Australia) or delays?

I have used the QF lounge until being kicked out and then changed lounge, guess it would depend whether I want to eat or not. Or energy.

CPH-Flyer Oct 18, 2017 5:58 am

Just checked in at Changi. The lounge options are now presented as DNATA, BA, or Qantas. They only used to mention the SATS lounge with SATS as handling agent. Of course back then no issue in using BA or QF, it was just not mentioned as options.

SilverChris Oct 23, 2017 10:21 am

The dnata lounge has reasonable F&B offerings. Satay is a nice touch ^

Still, nothing worth arriving early for.

CX30616 Oct 24, 2017 1:51 pm

Just curious, will I be able to go to T4, use CX lounge then go back to to T1 for JL712?