Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Sky Suite III (SSIII) rollout schedule and seatmap.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
For the most up-to-date schedule, visit http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/rosen/skysuite3.html

NRT-KUL
- 6 weekly from Jul 31 2017 (SKY SUITE will be used on Tue)
- Daily from Oct 29 2017

NRT-DLC
- Every Tue from Jul 31 2017
- Daily from Oct 29 2017

NRT-DEL
- Daily from Dec 1 2017
Print Wikipost

JAL Sky Suite III (SSIII) rollout schedule and seatmap.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:03 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
We were in 2D and 2G and loved it. The 777 is a disgustingly noisy plane so the further up front you are the more quiet you enjoy. You can order your meal choice in advance on jal.com (we always do) so no need to worry about the elites stealing your lunch.
HND-HKG is not eligible for inflight meal reservation service. And the food ex-HKG is just meh...OP won't be missing much even if they don't get their preferred meals.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by kaka
the front is better, the more forward the merrier. you certainly get served first and get better choices as compared to the back... that is if the diamonds at the back dont all pick what you want. Shall i just doublecheck you do not have a japanese name?
Correct. we are non-Japanese.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste Legrand
We were in 2D and 2G and loved it. The 777 is a disgustingly noisy plane so the further up front you are the more quiet you enjoy. You can order your meal choice in advance on jal.com (we always do) so no need to worry about the elites stealing your lunch.
Thank you for this input!
Old May 11, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
My SSIII on JL724 KUL-NRT for tomorrow 13 May seems to have been swapped to an SS8. Not sure when that happened but it seems be an exception (PEY isn't sold and other dates are still SS9).

Sorry for OT but do regional flights get the mattress pad and airweave pillow?
Old May 11, 2018, 4:43 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SilverChris
My SSIII on JL724 KUL-NRT for tomorrow 13 May seems to have been swapped to an SS8. Not sure when that happened but it seems be an exception (PEY isn't sold and other dates are still SS9).

Sorry for OT but do regional flights get the mattress pad and airweave pillow?
They didn't provide the mattress pad on NRT-HKG but it may be different given NRT-HKG is short-haul vs KUL-NRT is medium-haul.
Old May 18, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by JALPak
They didn't provide the mattress pad on NRT-HKG but it may be different given NRT-HKG is short-haul vs KUL-NRT is medium-haul.
To answer my own question: no, KUL-NRT doesn't get any of the airweave products. The lack of a mattress pad is acceptable, but the tiny pillow is a real letdown.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
NRT-DEL 787-9, next week. 1-2-1 configuration. Currently in 12K, wondering if I should move to the now open 1 A/K. From the anecdotes on the thread, seems like the NRT-DEL equipment gets swapped, perhaps being up front gets some insurance of not getting downgraded in case of a swap. What say, FT wisdom?!

Many thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Sorry to revive this but does anyone know if there are any plans to retrofit the 789 and 77W from the original Sky Suite seats to SSIII?

Last edited by peaches070; Jul 15, 2019 at 1:24 pm Reason: clarifying question
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by peaches070
Sorry to revive this but does anyone know if there are any plans to retrofit the 789 and 77W from the original Sky Suite seats to SSIII?
There is not. A few 789 was delivered with this configuration, but that will be it for now . Any future deliveries or orders of 789 is of course an open question.

I flew in this config over the weekend, and have to say it is not as bad as all that. I find I perfectly good for the regional to mid haul flights it is on. I might get an bit annoyed if I am in this igor 10+ hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.