Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Sky Suite III (SSIII) rollout schedule and seatmap.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
For the most up-to-date schedule, visit http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/rosen/skysuite3.html

NRT-KUL
- 6 weekly from Jul 31 2017 (SKY SUITE will be used on Tue)
- Daily from Oct 29 2017

NRT-DLC
- Every Tue from Jul 31 2017
- Daily from Oct 29 2017

NRT-DEL
- Daily from Dec 1 2017
Print Wikipost

JAL Sky Suite III (SSIII) rollout schedule and seatmap.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
I know most have said this herringbone seat is awful, but is it worse than the current lie-flats on on the SAN and YVR flights?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by hikouki
I know most have said this herringbone seat is awful, but is it worse than the current lie-flats on on the SAN and YVR flights?
If you get row 1 or row 7 on the NEO 787, I would actually prefer that. Otherwise I would prefer the SS9II.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:33 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by musashino22
As per the japanese press release, if you read carefully, this is an additional configuration on top of the current one and for the other question of how many of the remaining 12x789s in order will be fitted with SS9 II, no one knows but there is a high possibility that it could be all of them.
http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/125824

東南アジアなど中距離国際線を中心に投入する予定。時刻表では「SS9 II」、機内座席配置は「E91」(従来仕様はE71)と表記する。E91の初号機(登録番号JA869J )は、現地時間7月17日にボーイングのチャールストン工場で引き渡され、日本時間19日に到着した。JA Lの787-9としては9号機になり、同機を含む4機がE91仕様で導入予定になっている。
Looks like only 4 of the 789s will have this "horrible" config
Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:37 am
Original Poster

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/125824

777-200ERのシートからの変更点としては、ボーイングが採用した新基準に基づき、3点式シートベルトに変更 。従来足もと付近にあった雑誌入れを入口近くに移すなど、乗客から寄せられた声を反映し、居住性を改善した という。
Looks like JL has made some changes to the seat based on customer feedback, e.g. a 3-point seat belt is used for better comfort (no more bulky airbag) and relocating the magazine rack.

Last edited by JALPak; Aug 1, 2017 at 8:49 am
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Here are more pictures of the new SS9II

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/126070

Looks like airbag is still there (but less bulky?). Seat control panel also relocated together with the magazine rack to near the entrance.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:14 am
Original Poster

NRT-DEL will be downgraded to SS9II from Dec 1 2017
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
NRT-DEL will be downgraded to SS9II from Dec 1 2017
Wonder what route will be getting SS9 Sky Suites....
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Wonder what route will be getting SS9 Sky Suites....
NRT-HKG
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:08 am

I've just realised I have this config on a KUL-NRT tomorrow !

I've got 8D / G allocated which is now a bulkhead - is this a good or bad seat? From what I can tell the seat unit is actually the same - not like SQ etc when you get some benefit from the bulkhead

Should I ask to move further forward or backward to get away from the galley / lavs?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by sammyg901
I've just realised I have this config on a KUL-NRT tomorrow !

I've got 8D / G allocated which is now a bulkhead - is this a good or bad seat? From what I can tell the seat unit is actually the same - not like SQ etc when you get some benefit from the bulkhead

Should I ask to move further forward or backward to get away from the galley / lavs?
The lavs are on the other side of the galley, towards the front. They're not near enough to be bothersome.

As for galley noise I've always found JL crew to be quite discreet, so I wouldn't sweat over your current selection.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 4:22 am

Ok thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
I actually prefer this new SSIII seating (high-density stacked Zodiac Aries) to their hipper and cooler "original" SS.

Husband and I flew JL YVR-NRT-DEL in mid-Dec 2017. JL promised the new SSIII on NRT-DEL and even let us pick seats in advance, but a couple weeks closer to departure they changed it over to the original SS. And then on the day of departure they switched out the 787-9 for a 787-8. I appreciated the original SS product we got (it was my first time flying it) for its spaciousness and cool-factor, but the bed length is only 74" which was too short for me (I'm 6'4"). But it was way better than the HORRIBLE Shell Flat Neo we had to endure from YVR to NRT.

Fast forward to mid-Jan 2018 when we flew back SIN-NRT-YVR. NRT-YVR was still the terrible Shell Flat Neo, but SIN-NRT was the new SSIII on a retrofitted 777-200. While not spacious and first-class-like a la the original SS, I was REALLY delighted with the additional 4" of bed-length (78" compared to 74" on the original SS). For the first time in my life I was able to lie flat on my stomach and sleep in comfort as if I was in my own bed. Husband and I had the two middle seats and the "stacked" configuration did not bother us one bit, in fact you wouldn't notice it unless you went looking for it.

For the upcoming July we are booked DEL-NRT-CGK and currently the JL seat-map promises SSIII on both flights. Having had such a positive experience with the SSIII on the retrofitted 777-200, we are looking forward to see how they interpret it on a 787-9. Hopefully the 78" bed length will be retained.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:41 pm

What are the best middle seats (sky suites 3) on the 777-200? We were auto booked into the 2d and 2g (first row) on hkg-hnd. But I wonder if the mini-cabin would be better. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
the front is better, the more forward the merrier. you certainly get served first and get better choices as compared to the back... that is if the diamonds at the back dont all pick what you want. Shall i just doublecheck you do not have a japanese name?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by illico
What are the best middle seats (sky suites 3) on the 777-200? We were auto booked into the 2d and 2g (first row) on hkg-hnd. But I wonder if the mini-cabin would be better. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
We were in 2D and 2G and loved it. The 777 is a disgustingly noisy plane so the further up front you are the more quiet you enjoy. You can order your meal choice in advance on jal.com (we always do) so no need to worry about the elites stealing your lunch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.