Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
To use the Japanese search engine for menu

1. Visit https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/first/ and go to the middle of the page
2. Select the お食事 button for food and 飲み物 button for drink
3. Use the drop down menus to select your month, class of service, departure airport and arrival airport
4. Click the red button to search.
Print Wikipost

JAL Menus?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:19 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Problems posting the link from my phone.... Be back later if no one is quicker.
Why not let him learn a few Japanese phrases like his kids did? It's not that hard to learn JFK, NRT, drink, first class, menu in Japanese right? I've put the link to the Japanese search page in the wiki.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Why not let him learn a few Japanese phrases like his kids did? It's not that hard to learn JFK, NRT, drink, first class, menu in Japanese right? I've put the link to the Japanese search page in the wiki.
The drinks menu is the same for all of first class is it not? So it does not matter too much which airports are searched.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:25 pm

The drinks menu is the same for all of first class is it not? So it does not matter too much which airports are searched.
Ssshhh, no cheating lol
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Ssshhh, no cheating lol
I might cheat more and make a handy guide to the airport names in Japanese.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:31 pm

I might cheat more and make a handy guide to the airport names in Japanese.
Come on! You are taking out the fun!

The order is just the same as the English page and google translate is your friend it really isn't that hard to learn those few airport names.

But feel free to edit the wiki if you want to make it easier

Last edited by JALPak; Jul 29, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:36 pm
mjm
Original Member

Actually, small point but the wine list is different in terms of what is boarded not what is printed.
Ch. Takaha is only on US flights for example. Wanted if going to London last week but no dice. Learned something and drank bubbles and white instead.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjm
Actually, small point but the wine list is different in terms of what is boarded not what is printed.
Ch. Takaha is only on US flights for example. Wanted if going to London last week but no dice. Learned something and drank bubbles and white instead.
Yes some of the wines are restricted to certain flights. I mostly feel sad that the Sono pinot noir is not on all flights. But that is clearly printed in the menu as well.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:08 pm
mjm
Original Member

Yes some of the wines are restricted to certain flights. I mostly feel sad that the Sono pinot noir is not on all flights. But that is clearly printed in the menu as well.
I drink that and it's cousin wines here to make up for it. Nice when it is on s flight I am though I agree.

Oddly their (JL) whites selection tends to leave their red selection in the dust most times IMHO. Do you guys find that?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjm
I drink that and it's cousin wines here to make up for it. Nice when it is on s flight I am though I agree.

Oddly their (JL) whites selection tends to leave their red selection in the dust most times IMHO. Do you guys find that?
I tend to drink more white and champagne when flying, so I can't say I have tested the JAL selection of reds very well. The only one I did try of the current selection was the Sono, and that was a pleasant surprise the first time I had it.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:57 am

It must be a bigger challenge on the likes of EY and EK, there are usually no Emirati flight attendants, and the guess of what language the crew will have as native is basically impossible in advance.
​​
Correct re EY. Don't recall what the kids decided on, I saw them looking at some translations in the lounge, but the AUHJFK flight left at something horrible like 0330 so we all fell straight to sleep. The language thing was always more about getting them excited and involved in the planning process before the outbound flight.

Turning back to JL, they're both quite excited. JL was actually their first F TPAC 8 years ago, when JL still had the 744 running GRUJFKNRT. Skysleeper Solo, or something like that. I created quite a stir by accidentally clearing my son's tray and taking it to the galley. FAs were horrified. He was 6 and I was so used to cleaning up after him. I felt really bad.

Won't have that problem in a few weeks

Jamie
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjm
Yeah, I was really annoyed when they printed the Salon 2006 but loaded the 2002.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:17 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Yeah, I was really annoyed when they printed the Salon 2006 but loaded the 2002.
Had that happened to me I may have wet myself in excitement.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Seriously, I would be annoyed if that happened, The 2006 is better than the 2002.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
JL was actually their first F TPAC 8 years ago, when JL still had the 744 running GRUJFKNRT. Skysleeper Solo, or something like that.
Ah, good times. JL's JFK-GRU was actually my first international F flight, IIRC in 2000/01. Wait, strike that, I had done JFK-GIG on AA F using mileage upgrade shortly before that; the JL flight was my first time in a FLAT BED on an airplane (that wasn't a row of 3 Y seats ). ^ It was the 2x2 coffin seats though.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:12 pm
mjm
Original Member

Seriously, I would be annoyed if that happened, The 2006 is better than the 2002.
I find the '06 very under developed at this stage. Almost flabby with fruit and no crispness at all. I think the '02 has started now to come into its own and I like it better than the '04 right now. The '06 is going to be a keeper I think because with that much fruit intensity it will likely not diminish for a very long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.