Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL F Awards - Hen's Teeth?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
Since this got moved from the BA Forum (I wondered where it had gone!) I assume the OP is looking to book on britishairways.com.

From my experience in looking for JAL F and J award seats the last few weeks is that under most/normal circumstances you can expect 2 F seats and 2-4 J seats to open up each day at 10am JST (2am GMT), 330 days out.

So as of 2am GMT tomorrow, May 27th, you'll be seeing award availability up to and including Sunday, April 22nd, 2018. I see the same at 6pm the previous evening, my time, so a bit easier than having to get up in the middle of the night to try and snag them!

Do the seats go quickly? Well, the flight I wanted F seats for they went at precisely 10:01am JST, so maybe. However, I was just looking for April 21st a few minutes ago and the two F seats were still there. BUT they did get picked off while I was typing this, so they've gone now too.

Edit: The other thing to remember, of course, is that there are only 8 seats in a JAL 777-300 F cabin (versus 14 in a typical BA long haul F cabin), so there is never going to be massive availability to begin with.

Last edited by mwalsh; May 26, 2017 at 10:28 am
Old May 30, 2017, 2:48 pm

I was just able to book F and J for ORD-NRT and HND-NYC, respectively for two weeks out.
Old May 31, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelin_lite
I was just able to book F and J for ORD-NRT and HND-NYC, respectively for two weeks out.
I got 2 F on JFK-NRT earlier roughly 2 weeks before departure earlier in May. There was a smattering of availability in the surrounding few days as well as on NRT/HND-JFK.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:46 pm

Thumbs down

Has JL scrapped first class from TYO to BKK?

Previously I have flown in F on the HND-BKK route now I cannot find anything?
In BA search = Cabin not operated on this flight. Google flights with JL and F filters shows nothing?

I guess they have scrapped it along with F to Australia, Bugger.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:55 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Croupier
Has JL scrapped first class from TYO to BKK?

Previously I have flown in F on the HND-BKK route now I cannot find anything?
In BA search = Cabin not operated on this flight. Google flights with JL and F filters shows nothing?

I guess they have scrapped it along with F to Australia, Bugger.
BKK is only for a short run before HND-JFK launch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.