JL003 from JFK - NRT Kiosks?

Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

JL003 from JFK - NRT Kiosks?

Wondering if there's a Kiosk option at T1? Also, read there's a 72 hour online check in where I can print my boarding pass. Is this reliable?

Thanks!

PS - JL still serve Salon?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Visconti
Wondering if there's a Kiosk option at T1? Also, read there's a 72 hour online check in where I can print my boarding pass. Is this reliable?

Thanks!

PS - JL still serve Salon?
You have to wait till the day before to print your boarding pass. No kiosk at JFK. Yes still serving Salon.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
You have to wait till the day before to print your boarding pass. No kiosk at JFK. Yes still serving Salon.
What is JAL serving after Salon runs out? In terms of bubbly. I can't get the menus to load from their site.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
What is JAL serving after Salon runs out? In terms of bubbly. I can't get the menus to load from their site.
https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/...703_201705.pdf
https://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/...703_201705.pdf
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:35 pm

Could I trouble you for the menus as well? When I load from the US site it tells me that the menus are under construction. Regardless of what browser I tried.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:36 pm

Could I trouble you for the menus as well? When I load from the US site it tells me that the menus are under construction. Regardless of what browser I tried.
When's your flight? ex-US June-Aug menu is not available yet. Those I posted are only good till May.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
When's your flight? ex-US June-Aug menu is not available yet. Those I posted are only good till May.
May. I really appreciate all your help today.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:44 pm

May. I really appreciate all your help today.
http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/m...704_201705.pdf
http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/m...704_201705.pdf
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:52 pm

I look forward to returning the favour at some point.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The Charles Heidsieck Blanc de Millénaires is another amazing champagne, with JAL the second champagne is usually still better than what most airlines serve as their main champagne in first class. The Henriot they had before this one was in some ways better than the Salon 2004. It was at its peak, where the Salon should be in the cellar for some years to come yet.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 2:48 pm

Is your recommendation to go straight for the Charles? Or deplete the Salon, first?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Is your recommendation to go straight for the Charles? Or deplete the Salon, first?
Depends. If they have the 2004 Salon. I would go for the Charles Heidsieck first. If they have the 2006 Salon, that would be my starting point, and if they have both 2004 and 2006 as on my last flight, I do a comparative tasting. But, maybe take a glass of the Salon in any case and then move to the Heidsieck.
​​​​
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Depends. If they have the 2004 Salon. I would go for the Charles Heidsieck first. If they have the 2006 Salon, that would be my starting point, and if they have both 2004 and 2006 as on my last flight, I do a comparative tasting. But, maybe take a glass of the Salon in any case and then move to the Heidsieck.
​​​​
Helpful. Truth be told, I'm debating not having a single drink in the lounge, so as not to dull my palate. Also debating what will pair best with the Japanese meals. I need to peruse the sake menu.

Definitely appreciate you input above. Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Helpful. Truth be told, I'm debating not having a single drink in the lounge, so as not to dull my palate. Also debating what will pair best with the Japanese meals. I need to peruse the sake menu.

Definitely appreciate you input above. Thanks.
I find the Mersault and the Sono Pinot Noir my go to choices for the meal at the moment. I rarely go with champagne through the meal. I rarely go for sake, but maybe because really good sake is far more available than really good wine here in Japan.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Helpful. Truth be told, I'm debating not having a single drink in the lounge, so as not to dull my palate.
Likewise!

Usually, I'll have something to eat or drink at the Lounges, but will forgo it this time for the reason you expressed above. I'm definitely going to start with the Salon and then onwards.

I usually don't care to board first, but will this time to hopefully try them during boarding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.